05-14-2012 07:21 AM
After I got this computer about 2 months ago, it started saying that it was nearing full and now it's saying that it's full. i keep getting these annoying pop-ups and when I open the drive- i don't see anything that i may/may not remove without messing up my computer. Any help would be great! Thanks
06-20-2013 02:49 PM
Hello MilfordHill. I understand you're being told that your HP_Tools partition is full.
There are two possible solutions to this issue. Try the following.
- Go to Control Panel.
- Navigate to the System subsection and you'll see "System Protection" on the left side. Select this.
- When the list populates select the E: partition and click configure.
- When this window opens select "turn off system protection."
- Delete the *Name*-HP folder from the E: partition.
- Reboot the notebook.
If that doesn't work try the following.
- Click Start, type "backup and restore," and press Enter. This brings up Windows Backup which is a little different than system protection.
- In the middle of the Window you should see that the backup is on a schedule. Disable this.
- Save your changes.
- Delete the backup folder on the E:
- Reboot notebook and verify that this resolves the issue.
Let me know the results and have a lovely day!
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"
Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.
- HP PCs Forgot the Sign-in Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Overview of Recovering or Reinstalling the Operating System (Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)