04-27-2011 02:18 AM
I have an 8 month old Compaq Presario CQ62-219WM. After starting, it shuts down after 6-10 minutes. After restarting the following error message is listed "The system BIOS has detected your notebook PC was previously shut down to avoid overheating. . . . System Temperature (90D)".
The computer vents are not blocked, the computer is not hot to the touch, and no other issues are immediately identifiable. The operating system is Windows 7. The start up test resulted in a successful pass. Can someone tell me what the solution to my problem is?. Will I need to send the computer to the company for repairs? Is this a BIOS issue?
04-27-2011 02:22 AM
Plz download and install the latest BIOS.
//Click on Kudos if my reply was helpful and answered your question//
||-If my answer solved the problem please mark the topic as the accepted solution-||
06-27-2012 01:00 PM
When i press power button of my laptop it shuts down after 15-20 seconds saying thermal problem 90D. But my operating system is running perfectly. I use Win8. This problem is driving me crazy. I cant do anything because it shuts down after 15-20 secs. Help me with this problem please.
- HP PCs Forgot the Sign-in Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Overview of Recovering or Reinstalling the Operating System (Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)