Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Envy K204TX
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Having issues with Windows (installed programs are NOT displayed is control panel/ programs and features).

When I got the notebook, it had 2 (visible) partitions, a C:\ with almost the entire HDD allocated to it, and a D:\ (Recovery) of about 30 GB.

I have since created two more partitions and re-sized C:\.

At present, I have C:\ ( 100GB), D:\ (The recovery partition, didn't monkey with it), E:\ (654GB), and F:\ (100GB).

If I initiate a factory reset using the F11 key, or using the recovery disks I created, will it erase my E:\ and F:\ partitions and recreate a huge C:\ partition? Or will it leave E:\ and F:\ untouched, and just reset the OS in the C:\ partition (100GB)?

Please answer, I have stuff in my other partitions which I cannot lose...

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

If you use either method, the hard drive will be reset to its 'out of the box' condition, so yes, you will lose the partitions and the data on them that you created.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

If you use either method, the hard drive will be reset to its 'out of the box' condition, so yes, you will lose the partitions and the data on them that you created.

HP Recommended

Okay then, I'll backup the other patitions first. Thanks.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.