Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavailion
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
My laptop seem to be infected with virus, my lap have already windows 10 installed and a recovey partition from factory, i reset my lap two times before, but now i can't because a massage on hprecovey manager says (disabled: the recovery partition has been removed) please help
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

OK, thanks for the information ...

Bad news is, what you did SHOULD have worked, as preinstalled Win10 PCs have all the files needed to do a factory reset.

My guess is that the virus corrupted something in the Recovery chain, and that's presenting the Recovery from working.

There are various HP Recovery options, so you should read through this to see if there is another option you want to try: 

If nothing works, since this is a relatively new PC, you should contact HP Customer Support directly to have them put you in touch with HP Technical Support to see what they can do about diagnosing and repairing your machine remotely.

I did this recently and the HP Tech was able to remotely access my PC from the Internet and do the needed repairs.  I doubt they can do this with yours, but they should at least be able to tell you what you will need to do to Reset it.

If you live in the US or Canada, contact information is on this page: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/phone-assist.html#section1

If you live elsewhere, contact information is on this page: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.html

NOTE: After you get through, stay on the line until you are finally able to talk to some one -- it can take a while!

Good Luck

========================================================================
I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor do I represent, HP.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Please click "Accept As Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Please click the Thumbs-Up symbol on the left of the Reply button to say thanks fopr my help.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Chemhatem85

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

I read your post about your Win10 reset problem and wanted to help -- but need more information.

If you can, please follow the directions in this link to find the detailed product number of your PC: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824?jumpid=reg_r1002_usen_c-001_title_r0001

If that is not possible, then look for a sticker on the PC that includes the product number and post that here.  If the battery is removable, the sticker is likely to be in the battery compartment.

There is more than one model of your notebook and we need the specific model number to search for information about it.

Also, I see you're running Win10.  Did the PC come preinstalled with Win10? Or, did you upgrade it from a prior OS to Win10?  If you did the upgrade, how long ago was that, and what was the prior OS?

We can proceed once you provide the information.

Thanks

HP Recommended

thanks for your interest my lap is :HP Pavilion Gaming Notebook - 15-ak085na

and came  with windows 10 pre-installed

HP Recommended

OK, thanks for the information ...

Bad news is, what you did SHOULD have worked, as preinstalled Win10 PCs have all the files needed to do a factory reset.

My guess is that the virus corrupted something in the Recovery chain, and that's presenting the Recovery from working.

There are various HP Recovery options, so you should read through this to see if there is another option you want to try: 

If nothing works, since this is a relatively new PC, you should contact HP Customer Support directly to have them put you in touch with HP Technical Support to see what they can do about diagnosing and repairing your machine remotely.

I did this recently and the HP Tech was able to remotely access my PC from the Internet and do the needed repairs.  I doubt they can do this with yours, but they should at least be able to tell you what you will need to do to Reset it.

If you live in the US or Canada, contact information is on this page: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/phone-assist.html#section1

If you live elsewhere, contact information is on this page: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.html

NOTE: After you get through, stay on the line until you are finally able to talk to some one -- it can take a while!

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor do I represent, HP.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Please click "Accept As Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Please click the Thumbs-Up symbol on the left of the Reply button to say thanks fopr my help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.