06-27-2014 10:06 AM
I have hp pavilion 15 but i suffer a problem when i install window 7 on it ,it not take the boot of window 7 .This laptop has genuine window 8 i think is a compatibility issue if it does how i resolve it. Tell me complete method.
06-27-2014 10:11 AM
Shut down the notebook. Tap away at the esc key as soon as you start the notebook to enter the Start-up Menu, then select f10 to enter the Bios Menu. Use the arrow keys to select System Configuration, select Boot Options and hit enter.
You need to set Secure Boot to Disabled and Legacy Support to Enabled.
Then press f10, select to Save the changes and hit enter.
Next, you may get an on-screen prompt to enter a 4 digit number displayed on the screen - do so and hit enter.
You should now be able to boot from the Windows 7 installation disc the boot options menu ( f9 ) at start-up.
****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****
Microsoft MVP - Windows Experience
- HP PCs Forgot the Sign-in Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Overview of Recovering or Reinstalling the Operating System (Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)