Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I confirm that on Preview Build 15042 the issue is almost gone. Atm I noticed only one thing that keeps triggering the dGPU: UAC (User Account Control). For example: if you try to open regedit.exe, there will be a window asking you "Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device? Yes/No".
You can disable completely this message by searching "UAC" in Windows search and by moving the slider to bottom (Never notify).

The test was done on
OS Name: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro x64 Insider Preview
OS Version: 10.0.15042 N/A Build 15042
NVIDIA driver: 378.49
Intel graphics driver: 21.20.16.4542
CPU: i7-7700HQ
iGPU: HD 630
dGPU: GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

So, all we can do is wait for Creators Update which will come out in next months. 

HP Recommended

I'm experiencing a very similar problem with my new laptop Pavilion 15-bc207nl and the last OS version Win10 64bit 1709.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Pavilion-15-bc207nl-Windows-10...

Any solution?

Hardware:
CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-7700HQ @ 2.80GHz
Intergrated GPU: Intel® HD Graphics 630
Dedicated GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 4GB (laptop)
RAM: 16 GB DDR4 2400
OS drive: SSD 256 GB
Data drive: HDD 1 TB

Software:
OS: Windows 10 Home 64-bit, version 1709, build 16299.64
NVIDIA driver: 388.13
Intel HD driver: 22.20.16.4749

HP Recommended

any changes and updates on this matter? are any fixes on the way?

HP Recommended

hola, soy de argentina y tengo el mismo problema, espero q lo solucionen pronto

HP Recommended

Sadly I have the same problem on my HP Pavilion Power 15... I found a pretty big thread on the Microsoft forums regarding this issue, but as you mentioned, HP MUST keep a pressure on Microsoft to fix this.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the information. I also report it on my specific topic.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.