Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
PC Notebook HP Pavilion dv7-60
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My PC Notebook HP Pavilion dv7-6020ss gets crashed with WINDOWS 10 (later the firt month using Windows10), I just got this message: ""DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (storahci.sys)", It then restarts. ¿Any solution?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Sacramento,

Welcome to the HP Forums! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums, I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

Thank you for posting. I have read your post, and I understand that your laptop crashed in 1 month after upgrading to Windows 10. I wanted to help.

Can your laptop start normally? When the laptop crashed, did you have a blue screen with the error message?

Please check if all Windows updates installed on your laptop?

How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

You have 28 days to go back to previous Windows after you upgraded to Windows 10.

If the problem persists, you may consider going back to previous Windows:

Go Back to Previous Versions of Windows

Let me know how it goes.

To say thank you, click on the "thumb up". Accept the post as solution, if your problem solved, so other people have the same issue can see it.

Regards,

SDJL
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ”on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi @Sacramento,

Welcome to the HP Forums! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums, I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

Thank you for posting. I have read your post, and I understand that your laptop crashed in 1 month after upgrading to Windows 10. I wanted to help.

Can your laptop start normally? When the laptop crashed, did you have a blue screen with the error message?

Please check if all Windows updates installed on your laptop?

How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

You have 28 days to go back to previous Windows after you upgraded to Windows 10.

If the problem persists, you may consider going back to previous Windows:

Go Back to Previous Versions of Windows

Let me know how it goes.

To say thank you, click on the "thumb up". Accept the post as solution, if your problem solved, so other people have the same issue can see it.

Regards,

SDJL
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ”on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
HP Recommended

The lapton crashes any time, specially when I am not using it (typing, viewing audio or video) for a while (some minutes). It shows a blue screen with an error message telling DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (storahci.sys) and then ( it takes some seconds to the OS to record the error for Windows advising of the need to restart the OS) the laptop restars without any problem. I saw a solution in internet for the same problem but for LENOVO, not for HP.

HP Recommended

I am updating some things

HP Recommended

Hi @Sacramento,

Please use the document below for troubleshooting:

HP PCs - The Computer Restarts Unexpectedly (Windows 10, 😎

Let me know the results.

SDJL
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

It looks like the updates were successful, thanks.

HP Recommended
@Sacramento can you tell me what updates you did or how you resolved the problem? I have the same laptop and I am experiencing the same issue. Thanks
HP Recommended

The big one after installing Windows 10, my laptop spent some hours updating. Two weeks ago my laptop was down. The fan was crashed and it's embeded in the mother board.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.