Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ProBook 470 G2 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)
Hi, I found this notice on HP support:

Computers configured with Intel Broadwell (Intel Core i3-5xxx, Core i5-5xxx, Core i7-5xxx; Pentium 38xx, Celeron 37xx/32xx) or Haswell (Intel Core i3-4xxx, i5-4xxx, i7-4xxx; Pentium 35xx, Celeron 29xx) processors and 32-bit versions of Windows 8.1 are not capable of upgrading to Windows 10 using the Windows Upgrade tool.

I think my computer has one of these processors. But I have 64 bit version Windows.  So is this true for computers that have processors mentioned AND 32-bit verions of Windows? In other words, is it OK to upgrade if you have 64-bit version of Windows and one of these processors? Because it also says:

To upgrade to Windows 10 64-bit you can either (a) perform a clean install to upgrade to Windows 7 or 8.1 64-bit and then use the Windows Upgrade tool to upgrade to Windows 10 64-bit.

Thank you for your answer.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Katja123 wrote:

Thanks Pepe999, I have already successfully updated.

You are welcome and well done!!

Asus ROG STRIX G16 Manjaro Xfce
HP Touchpad provided by HP
HP Microserver Gen8 10TB Debian Server

*Please, help other users with the same issue by marking your solved topics as "Accept as Solution"*

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

Yes, you can use the Windows Upgrade tool to upgrade to Windows 10. The note at the end is most likely for computers without Windows 7 and higher because it's not possible to upgrade from Windows Vista and lower to Windows 10 using the Windows Upgrade tool. There is not much time to upgrade. The year free upgrade ends soon and then you will have to pay for it.

*Please, help other users with the same issue by marking your solved topics as "Accept as Solution"*
HP Recommended

HP Recommended

@Katja123 wrote:

You are welcome and well done!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.