Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Super! ça a marché pour moi. Un grand merci!!  

HP Recommended

Windows users who have upgraded their computers from Windows XP to Windows 7 will find that their HP ScanJet 3400C scanners no longer work. HP has not created a Windows 7 driver for this device and HP has discontinued its development. Still, you can use your HP ScanJet 3400C by following these simple instructions.

> Uninstall HP ScanJet 3400C Device Driver

If you have attempted to reinstall the device driver, type “Device Manager” in your Windows 7 search bar and pres <Enter>. When Windows Device Manager opens, browse to “Imaging Devices,” right click on the “Hewlett-Packard ScanJet 3400C” icon and choose “Uninstall” to remove the driver from your system. You can close Device Manager now.

> Disconnect Your Scanner

Unplug your scanner from your computer’s USB port. If you do not do this now, the installation process may not succeed.

> Download the Latest Driver

You already know that HP does not have a Windows 7 driver for the ScanJet 3400C, so don’t freak out when you get to the HP Web site and see that the driver is for Windows XP. You need to make sure you have the latest driver, so that is what you are doing here.

> Install the Latest Driver

Your download from HP should be a file called sj652en.exe. Go ahead and execute the file (double click on it) and it will extract its contents to a folder called “C:\sj652” on your computer.

Open Windows Explorer and browse to the “C:\sj652.” When you find it, open it. Inside the folder you will see a setup icon called “Setup.exe.” Right click on this file and choose “Properties” from the context menu.

In the “setup.exe Properties” window, click on the “Compatibility” tab. Under “Compatibility Mode,” check the box labeled “Run this program in compatibility mode for.” Also under “Compatibility Mode,” select “Windows XP (Service Pack 2).” Under “Privilege Level,” check the box labeled “Run this program as an administrator.” Click the “OK” button at the bottom of the window.

> Execute Setup.exe

Double click on the “Setup.exe” file. The file should install without any errors.

> Modify File Compatibility and Privileges

Use Windows Explorer to browse to “C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Precision Scan\PrecisionScan LTX.” For each file that ends with “.exe,” right click the file, choose “Properties” and then click the “Compatibility” tab. Under “Compatibility Mode,” check the box labeled “Run this program in compatibility mode for.” Also under “Compatibility Mode,” select “Windows XP (Service Pack 2).” Under “Privilege Level,” check the box labeled “Run this program as an administrator.” Click the “OK” button at the bottom of the window. The files you must do this for are: hpbmset.exe, hpgreg.exe, hpipcopy.exe, hppsapp.exe, hpsjrreg.exe, pietro.exe, regstr.exe, sendAOL.exe, sendMapi.exe, SendTo.exe, update.exe.

You can now connect your scanner to your computer. When you do this, you should see the driver install.

The HP scanning applications are accessible by clicking “Start” and then “All Programs” and then “HP PrecisionScan LTX. You can now run the “HP PrecisionScan LTX” application from here or you can open the “HP Scanning Utilities” folder to run the “HP ScanJet Utility.” You can try using the “Scanner Button Settings” utility, but you may be unable to configure the buttons on your scanner

HP Recommended

Capture.PNG

HP Recommended

I want Windows 7 Driver for HP ScanJet 3400C. Thanks

HP Recommended

Please install driver for HP Scanjet 3400c

HP Recommended

I tried several times to do this process, but each time windows 7 says it cant find the driver, any ideas as to why it cant find the driver? I installed the drivers with compatabilty of XP service pack 2. The software installs, but it cant find the drivers. I initially tried to install via my CD that came with scanner, but that didnt work, Ii then found your post.

thanks

HP Recommended

My name is Siri working in a manufacturing company we have a scaner model Scanjet 3400c we want to use it so please send me a driver for window 7 32 bit

thanks

HP Recommended

I need a Windows 7 Driver for HP ScanJet 3400C,

Thanks,

HP Recommended

This worked for me also.....:smileyvery-happy: thanks for the tip.

HP Recommended

@micon wrote:

Is there a new driver for the HP ScanJet 3400C. It is a good sanncer and have used it through all the upgrades. Surely HP will have a new driver that will work on Windows 7??????????????????

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.