Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP 620
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

Hi

I bought my laptop with preinstalled windows 7 home premium. I lost the installation on my device, and the product key doesent working with the iso files that are from microsoft. I tried a lot of versions that I could download from the internet. even tried to ask microsoft to provide me an other product key for the one that come with my laptop but nothing. Microsoft told me to contact with my provider wich is HP. I can,t find anywhere where I could download the HP WINDOWS 7 HOME PREM OA X16-96072 (The hewlet packard windows version). I need the spanish version.

Could anybody help me with a link?

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Have you tried the following link?

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

I need a HP version. IT won't work my product key with versions downloaded from  microsoft. I know because microsoft tould me

it gives me this:

Error

The product key you entered appears to be for software pre-installed by the device manufacturer. Please contact the device manufacturer for software recovery options.

HP Recommended

Ordering a recovery disk set from HP

On the web document, click on the country in which you reside for ordering information.The cost is around $40.00 USD

Do yourself the favor of ordering the usb recovery media instead of the disk set. The usb recovery media is durable and fast.  All it takes is one scratch on the label side of a recovery disk and the whole set becomes useless.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

When I bought my laptop, I bought with license. So I don't need to buy a license because I have one. I need a download link for  an iso file, that will work with the licens that I bought from HP with my device.  Support means that HP need to provide me a download link and  not to ask me to pay 48 € again for a license. 

HP Recommended

OK.

Call HP and tell the Customer support Engineer that answers exactly that.  

I am only trying to help you by letting you know what actually will work.

If purchasing a recovery USB recovery flash drive, that costs far less than the cost of a stand-alone license(full retail) to resolve the problem, which is the logical choice?  

I would go with the USB recovery media from HP, which will work. You choose what works best for you.

HP Recommended

I know that you are just a volunteer, and I am thankfull that you are trying to help but think about one thing: hp is just that  little that it could not have a customer service where you could chat with somebody?  Great publicity. The assistant from the microsoft helpchat was wrealy nice and tried to help me for hours and still nothing because event she doesen't find enithing. I think this is because hp doesent comunicate with microsoft

HP Recommended

Actually, HP is the largest personal computer maker on the planet.

You can call your local HP Service Center and chat with someone about the issue.  Use your closest large city and HP Service Center as the keywords in Google Chrome or Internet Explorer to locate a contact telephone number. There is also an online chat service that might help you as well if your product is still in warranty.

HP Contact options

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Pavilion-dv6700-Entertainment-Notebook-PC-series/3632100/mode...

I have never had an issue when performing a clean install of the OS one of my laptops was delivered with. I have used the license activation key that was on the Windows certificate of authenticity without issue. AS long as all twenty five characters were visible, life was good. It is unfortunate that you happen to be doing this at a time when Microsoft has changed its licensing model for some of its products and is no longer supplying the ISO images from DigitalRiver. 

HP Recommended

I have exactly the same problems.  I have now spent 2 days going in circles in the HP support site.  They probably paid children to make the support site to save money. 

The reality is HP has no support.  It is not possible to write an E-mail to, or go to a forum where a HP worker reads it.  It only ends like the person who started this thread - with no answers. 

Not only MS but also HP says if you have this problem use the disk that you got from HP Support.  Ha Ha.  This is not possible because there is no HP support to contact. You would thind that you could find something under downloads. No chance. 

Why did I buy HP - I was an idiot.

HP Recommended

This guy is right,

All HP has got to do is make a downloadlink available. It is the littelest effort you can think of in www land. 

And they just won't do that. Terrible.
They may be proud of being the biggest but I would be ashamed also to be serving my customers that way. It is a shortsighted way of doing business boosted by shortterm results oriented management.

I can't see myself buying anithing from HP again.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.