Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Thanks that was the fix for it everything is good now.:smileyvery-happy:

HP Recommended

I tried to update my dv2700 to windows 7 and it did partially work for a while. I did load all the drivers supplied here and they worked a little better than the generic drivers supplied by Microsoft. I could never get the external video ports to work or get the mouse pad sensitivity to work. The processor seemed to run at full speed all the time and created a lot of heat which is what I suspect led to the video failing. Due to the lack of HP support for W7 I was in the process of moving back to Vista when the laptop died. This was not that old of a laptop. I checked with Dell and they were supporting laptops of this vintage for W7, so my next laptop is a Dell.

HP Recommended

@johnpincf

Sorry about your laptop. If you're interested,several members have reported good results with this service>>Nvidia GPU Repair HERE

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

hello all.,

i have an hp dv2715nr laptop..i have installed windows7 32 bit on it.the main problem is that the quicklaunch buttons and the fingerreader are not working...in the device manager there is no biometric device shown...although this laptop have a built in fingerreader in it..what to do??i have tried digital persona and AUTHENTIC fingerreader mentioned in your guide.but it says no finger reader detected...plzzz help...i have tried many drivers mentioned in different posts..but nothing works..quicklaunch buttons next to power button also dont work..plzz help

HP Recommended

THANKS

HP Recommended

MODEL: DV2132EA

Hard drive burnt- originally had windows xp

New hard drive custom install windows 7

Looking to update the BIOS?

Is their any BIOS update available for dv2000 that is model DV2132EA?

Never had vista on it before so new installation windows 7

Please reply asap with a link as vista or xp bios update available from hp website for xp or vista- has intel centrino duo and its :

Windows vista capable as said on the sticker.......

Do let me know as I need to update bios which should I run on it........? Correct version please

Thanks

Uk sharks

HP Recommended

@ uksharks

First thing is you don't really need to update the BIOS unless you are having problems that a BIOS update might fix. Second,even though the BIOS updates say for XP or Vista they should also install in Windows 7.

HP Recommended

DV2000- DV2132EA

I found Windows XP F11 BIOS BEST FOR WIN 7 UPGRADE......IT ALSO HELPED TO KEEP THE TEMP TO OPTIMAL LEVEL AND PERFORMANCE. YOU CAN TRY IT TO......I TRIED ALL BIOS VERSION FOR XP AND VISTA BUT EXPERIENCED INCREASING TEMP DESPITE EVERY OTHER EFFORTS.......

THANKS

UK SHARKS

@CherylG wrote:

@ uksharks

First thing is you don't really need to update the BIOS unless you are having problems that a BIOS update might fix. Second,even though the BIOS updates say for XP or Vista they should also install in Windows 7.

HP Recommended

@ uksharks

One thing that helped with temps on a DV2000 series that I upgraded to Windows 7 was doing a manual Windows Update check and chose to also get optional updates.The Nvidia graphics driver it installed dropped my temps.

HP Recommended

Windows 32 & 64 bit, new ssd, drivers from my vista repair disk and everything is working OK.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.