Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

i got problem for my dv2-1007ax

when i open device manager.i see unknown device under the other device.when i open i see the location is :

on AMD PCI Express (3GIO) filter driver

what should i do?

HP Recommended

sory i used w7 for that problem

HP Recommended

@All users which were having problems with fingeprint

Hi,

There is now completely new solution written for fingeprint sensors on first page.

You will find there three guides with screenshots, new drivers and software.

Notes:

It's important to uninstall all previous drivers and software like is showed in guide.

If You will not do this it will not work correctly.

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon below. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
HP Recommended

After installing the ALPS touchpad driver (since I have HP Pavilion dv2911us), I noticed that my touchpad is very sensitive. It wasn't like this before I installed Windows 7. If I just put my finger on the touchpad and keep it still, the cursor shakes. It's very hard to aim my cursor correctly. I already checked the mouse options in the Control Panel, but there are no options for sensitivity... Does anyone know what to do?

Thanks in advance.

HP Recommended

I have a problem with the usb-ports. sometimes, they recognize the device attached and suddenly not. do you know this issue and do anybody have a solution for this matter.

thanks a lot.....

HP Recommended

I had a quick question! I have a dv2413cl that has been updated to windows 7. In the device manager i have three yellow exclamations next to "Base System Device". From what I've been reading here it looks like i need to update the driver for the 5 in 1 media card reader BUT here's my issue....

I know that certain Vista drivers will work with windows 7 (updated the BIOS using the Vista driver) and i noticed that when i look up my laptop on HP's website for updated drivers, it doesnt have windows 7 as a supported OS. SO..I can either use the Vista driver for the 5 in 1 or the windows 7 driver that was posted on here...

Any suggestions??

(this all came about when the laptop wouldnt recognize my Memory Stick Pro. I stuck it in and nothing happened but when i inserted an SD memory card it read it fine.)

HP Recommended

@kshfahmy

Hi,

Try this solution.

@dreezy2250

Hi,

Check in this thread first page and second post.

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
HP Recommended

I am using DV 2623tx.When i tried to upgrade my system to Windows 7 The "D" drive just disappeared.can anyone tell me how to solve this problem.I have reinstalled the Vista Ultimate X64 But want to use windows 7.so can anyone tell me how to avoid this problem.

HP Recommended

@DrRizwan

Hi,

Check this site.

HP Recommended

Nvidia issue:

I have a dv2419us. Successfully upgraded to Win7 Home Premium 32-bit. The available resolution settings, however, are reduced, so my external monitor no longer has the correct resolution. Per your instructions, downloaded the driver from the Nvidia website for 32-bit: 195.62. When attempting to install, however, the nvidia wizard says it cannot locate any drivers compatible with my system and aborts. (This corresponds with the nvidia auto-scan result which says I have to get the driver from the manufacturer--the scan shows I currently have 179.67). HP Support says drivers are forthcoming, just like their website, but they've been saying that since 10/2009. Anything else I can do? Many thanks.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.