Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Hi I was wondering if anyone knew how to fix the issue when you close your lid and open it back up you have to press the power button for it to resume to Windows. Is there a way to set it up so it just resumes when you open the lid as it was in Vista? I would also like to share that when I touch the quickplay button on my touch pad I got the full menu but once I go into either TV or Playlist everything locks up. Will quickplay every work normally with windows 7 or is this something that has to be dealt with? Are there internet explorer stability issues with windows 7? I've noticed my browser locks up a lot. Thank you for your time.

HP Recommended

@Wildesco

Hi,

Wildesco wrote:

I would also like to share that when I touch the quickplay button on my touch pad I got the full menu but once I go into either TV or Playlist everything locks up. Will quickplay every work normally with windows 7 or is this something that has to be dealt with?

Uninstall your current HP QUICK PLAY version and install this which you had in Vista.

Resource:
Uninstalling Software in Windows 7

Uninstall or change a program in Windows 7

If you burned CD/DVD with C:\swsetup folder as suggested in guide then you will find it there.

Note:

I will try to add this information to guide today.

Edit:

This information is now included in guide.

Wildesco wrote:

Are there internet explorer stability issues with windows 7? I've noticed my browser locks up a lot. Thank you for your time.

I understand that this problem showed up in last days. Am I right?

If yes then restore your system to this point when everything was fine.

Resource:

How to Do a System Restore in Windows 7

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon below. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
HP Recommended

I have installed the quick play verison you have suggested and the same problem persists. Any other suggestions? Would you happen to know why there would be two fingerprint readers when windows starts? Thank you.

HP Recommended

Hi folks,

PLEASE can someone help! I have a DV2807nr (the product tag on underside says dv2500 but svc tag says 2807nr)

I upgraded to Win 7 Ultimate, and the laptop seemed to be running very hot (CPU was going at about 87 degrees). I followed the instructions on how to upgrade the NVIDIA graphcs card driver (I have GeForce 7150m/ nforce 630m) - and all went OK. The laptop now seems to be running cooler BUT................ now when I drag a window, there is a lag, it's as if the there is now a delay - the window doesn't move smoothly! It seems to leave a trail!! So, now I have gone to Performance Options in System Properties and turned off "Show Windows Contents Whilst Dragging" which deals with the problem partly but....- hugely frustrating!! Please can someone help - I am happy that the machine now seems to be cooler, but really miffed about the side-effect!

I hope someone can help! Wamrest wishes and thanks in advance!

HP Recommended

Thank you so much, Kudos!  Your solution perfectly works for not only dv2000 but also dv9000 models.

HP Recommended

Hello, I've tried everything that is here on the post and in my device manager, it doesnt show any audio-game- controllers..Etc.  The only thing I am lacking is the audio driver. i have a dv2945se. When i try to install the driver , the media cannot be found error appears. I have Red X on my audio symbol in the lower right corner. Even my Modem is not being read. any help would be greatly appreciated.

p/n: FE945UA#ABA

HP Recommended

@snowtrooper

Have you tried this Audio driver?

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp38501-39000/sp38906.exe

Modem driver:

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp37501-38000/sp37859.exe

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

In preparation for putting Win 7 64-bit on my DV2200CTO, Intel laptop, I bought 4GB of memory, to replace the 2GB of memory that the laptop shipped with.

The bios only shows 3GB, and Win 7-64 says "4GB (only 3GB usable)".

Is this a bios issue or a bad memory issue?? The bios is rev 39.

Thanks.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.