Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Ugh... i have the AES 2501A  fingerpring sensor and i have tried to install driver (sp35583.exe) along with digitalpersona software(4.0.1.3749A). Everything installs ok but when i run digitalpersona it says it cannot detect fingerprint sensor.

Anybody else have this prblem? Did i do something wrong?Like alot of people i am looking for a access manager that take s the place of verisoft since it is not compatable with window 7.

Is anyone getting the authentec driver to work with digitalpersona manager?

HP Recommended

I had "difficulty" as well. When I first installed it the software could not find the hardware. I do not remember exactly what I did to get it to work but I did go to the device manager once or twice, "uninstalled" the device and driver, rebooted. One of those times it caught and works fine now, Don't know exactly the glitch but there does seem to be one. Maybe the order of install is important, don't know.

Also when I installed the "digital persona" software an update automatically came quickly.

HP Recommended

@Noelb76,

Hi,

Just try to install it now. It's always good to install this driver first for the best notebook performance.

If You have the same or newer driver it will just not install.

Chipset driver is always most important.

@caliboy99,

Hi,

When You will uninstall any driver for fingerprint You must restart Your system before installing any other version. Without this step installed driver will not work correctly.

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon below. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
HP Recommended

Thanks for all of the comments and suggestions.  Well it now works.  And I know how to repeat it using a combination of recent postsings.

The suggestion that all previous drivers be uninstalled is a necessity.  I went to both the control panel and device manager.  I even deleted the driver in swsetup.  You need to restart after this.

I used the driver suggestion from Duxdad;

HP provided me with the link to the AES2501A fingerprint reader. It indicates it is good for 32 and 64 bit OS.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/genericSoftwareDownloadIndex?cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&softwareitem=ob-5...

I downloaded this driver which is SP35583 and installed it.  I then did a restart.  As per Daniels great aformentioned  manual I followed his directions;

Download DigitalPersona ver 4.0.1.3749A here (for 32bit Win7) or here (for 64 bit Win7).  Upon installation and another restart there was no more red X on Digital persona.  I did register my fingerprints.

I also received an immediate notification to  Update DigitalPersona to ver 4.11 using the autoupdate feature of the software.

Note;  I have yet to update the drivers using SP37812 or the drivers for Win7.  It works now.

HP Recommended

ive tried uninstalling driver and manager rebooting, installing driver then restarted, installed persona then restarted again... and still persona cannot fid reader. When windows log in comes up i see two fingerprint icons, one seems to be for persona and dont know what the other one is for.

the authentec driver version is 8.0.10.9064

HP Recommended

I also see 2 icons upon start up.

If you download the driver from Duxdad, it is SP35583, version 7.7.0.78

This is what is on my system in the Sevice manager.  Try that one.

HP Recommended

i used your link to dl the driver and thats the version i seen when i checked it from device manager. Going to uninstall everything again and give it another go.

HP Recommended

ok got it going now, finally :generic:

I did forget to delete the proper swsetup folders from c drive this time but just copyied over the excisting files and still worked.

Seems like driver version 7.9.0.4+persona is the way to go for win7. I did notice that now, when i go into biometric devices from control panel. It says "Windows did not find any biometric devies on this computer. You might need to attach your device or install device drivers."

Thanks for you Help.

HP Recommended

Hello Daniel,

I'm helping a friend reinstalling windows on his dv6000 - as the OEM version was running so slow lately. I decided he needed a fresh start, with the oh-so-great Windows 7.

But to be fair, the helping-job I took by saying yes to this - have just led to misery. My main problem is, Windows 7 will not detect the Broadcom Wireless Network-card. I've tried everything, read through hundreds of posts on the internet - and yet none of the solutions work. I've tried:

- Updating BIOS (F3D, or whatever the newest version is called from HP's website)

- Downloaded the Vista driver from HP's driver page (and ran it correctly in compatibility mode)

- Downloaded the Windows 7 driver you linked to.

- Downloaded the nForce driver you link to. (AMD)

- Enabled the network-thingy in BIOS.

It's so frustrating, and I thought it would be an easy job to get done. The Wireless light-indicator is constantly orange (red), and have no reaction to moving the slider.

Inside device manager there's an device listed as "Unknown device" (I'm translating from Danish, so it might not be 100% correct translated). Under Network cards, the only one listed is "NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller VLAN 0011".

I've installed the Windows 7 Build 7600 RTM (Danish). This is surely the last time I'm fixing a HP computer, what endless misery.

Really hope you can help me, so I can get this off my hands! (and happy new year)

HP Recommended

Thank you for this easy to follow install.  I already installed Win7100 eval copy and got everything to work but the quickplay and the internal mic. Interesting thing about quick play, the buttons work, but they don't change to orange when mute is pressed. (Mute is activated when pressed just the light doesn't change color.)

Quickplay is listed in your install instructions so I will try that, but I see nothing about the mic.  Has that been tested?

Thanks again I think I am going to reinstall win7 again from stratch following your instructions.

Until the next time,

Thirteen

www.thirteensworld.com

Thirteen
http://www.thirteensworld.com
(Twitter: MrThirteen)
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.