02-27-2013 09:20 PM
All below drivers work except the Validity Fingerprint Driver (WBF) -- the computer accepts it as a good driver, but under control panel > biometrics, it shows as "unavailable" for both version .
To download the spXXXXX.exe files, just replace the last ".html" with ".exe" in the ftp url.
- AMD Chipset
- sp57269, AMD High-Definition (HD) Graphics Driver, VERSION: 8.942.7.1000, for AMD Radeon HD 7660G.
- sp56953, IDT High-Definition (HD) Audio Driver, VERSION: 6.10.6392.0
- sp57232, HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection Software, VERSION: 18.104.22.168
- SP60095, Qualcomm Atheros AR9000 Series Wireless LAN Driver for Microsoft Windows VERSION: 1.00 REV: A
- sp56956, Realtek Card Reader Driver VERSION: 6.1.7601.27016
- sp56952, Realtek Local Area Network (LAN) Driver VERSION: 7.54.309.2012
- Fingerprint drivers: a) sp54999, Validity Fingerprint Sensor Driver (WBF) VERSION: 22.214.171.124, for Window 7; OR b) sp58869, Validity Fingerprint Sensor Driver (WBF) VERSION: 126.96.36.199, for Windows 8. Both w7 & w8 versions are accepted by Windows 7, but both show the devide as "UNAVAILABLE" under Windows 7. Fingerprint works only in windows 8 with the sp58869 driver. IF YOU KNOW HOW TO GET THE FINGERPRINT READER WORKING UNDER WINDOWS 7, PLEASE POST. THANK YOU.
05-20-2013 12:16 PM
can any1 pleeeeeeeeez put the drivers for win 7.. Is dis lappy really made for win 7 coz m encounterin many problems aftr i ve installed win 7 on dis machine.....
08-10-2013 03:17 PM - edited 08-10-2013 03:21 PM
I've got it working with the following two drivers. The second being the one that brings the sensor to live and let you configure fingerprints. etc.
Not entirely sure wether HP Software Framework is mandatory or not but just in case, doesn't hurt to make sure you have it installed:
1. sp59202.exe, HP Software Framework Version:188.8.131.52, 7.06M
2. sp61399.exe, HP SimplePass Identity Protection Version: 184.108.40.2062, 66.44M
Also, SimplePass install something call TruAPI. Maybe that's something else missing out there that's making your sensor not to work.
** NOTE: ** I had sp54999 installed as per OP but that didn't work so I uninstalled it prior to install the two packages above. Hope it works for you out there as well!
08-04-2014 02:33 PM
When requesting assistance, please provide the complete model name and product number (p/n) of the HP computer in question. HP/Compaq makes thousands of models of computers. Without this information it may be difficult or impossible to assist you in resolving your issue.
The above requested information can be found on the bottom of your computer, inside the battery compartment or on the startup BIOS screen. Please see How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number? for more assistance locating this information. DO NOT include your serial number. Please enter the model/product information into HP's Online Consumer Support page and post it here for our review.
Most drivers are available on your computer's support and drivers page. This page will typically link to the HP ftp or http file servers.
If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
Please click the White KUDOS "Thumbs Up" to show your appreciation
***** Please click the "White Kudos" Thumbs Up to say THANKS for helping *****
***** Please click the "Accept As Solution" on my post, if my help solved your issue *****
***** This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I don't work for HP *****
HP a1632x - Windows 7, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6130y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6320y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP p7-1026 - Windows 7, 6GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6787c - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP ENVY x360 m6-w103dx - Windows 10, 8GB RAM, Intel HD 520
08-04-2014 06:33 PM
I have a hp envy m61105dx, C2L9iUA#ABA. It came with windows 8. Need I say more? I am putting windows 7 on it, but I cannot get the correct drivers for it. some has worked but I cannot get the USB ports to work. I am also lacking some of the others. Can anyone help me?
- HP PCs Forgot the Sign-in Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Overview of Recovering or Reinstalling the Operating System (Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)