04-21-2010 12:56 PM
First, the machine will no longer auto detect an external monitor. Under Vista, it would recognize it was connected to an external lcd and swithc to the settings for the lcd to be monitor 1 with the laptop screen as monitor 2. When I unplugged the lcd, it would automatically switch back to the laptop screen as monitor 1. Now I must switch it manually in both directions.
Two, closing the lid does not make the machine go to standby. It just keeps running until the battery is dead.
- HP PCs Forgot the Sign-in Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Overview of Recovering or Reinstalling the Operating System (Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)