Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Windows will not boot up, just goes to a blue screen and never loads. I have tried "launch startup repair" but it ran for a whole day and never completed. what should I do next?

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Tried System Restore from the same section??

||
//Click on Kudos if my reply was helpful and answered your question//

||-If my answer solved the problem please mark the topic as the accepted solution-||
HP Recommended

system restore is not listed as an option. I just have start Windows normally or Launch startup repair. I can go into Windows Boot Manager and run the Windows Memory Diagnostic but it completes with no errors.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Have you run a diagnostic on the HDD?

It may be worth trying Windows Start up Repair from a Recovery CD.  If you don't already have one, create a Windows 7 Recovery CD.  Download the relevant ISO from the links below.

Windows 7 32bit

Windows 7 64bit

You should use an application such as ImgBurn to burn the ISO to a CD.  Once created, or if you already have this, insert the CD and restart to boot from it.  Select the Repair option.

When you get to the Recovery Options, select 'Start up Repair' and see if this works any better from the CD.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

Hi, you should try a hard reset first;take out battery and unplug everything and hold power button down for 30 seconds and run the start up test by pressing f2 as soon as you power on the notebook.....and that will help you check your hardware....and if all test past you can try reseating the hd to make sure its getting a good connection

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
...Click on Kudos if my reply was helpful and answered your question...
HP Recommended

hi there,

i have same problem like the person above mentioned and i followed your advice and this is what i got:

Processor Check; passed

memory test ; passed

hard disk smart check: passed

hard disk short DST: failed

failure id: 97G61K64B6AX-MFPXOJ-60SL03

PRODUCT ID: A9J83EA#ABU

START-UP TEST; FAILED

can you help please?

HP Recommended

Have to take battery out several times and eventually it boots up. But it's getting worst and more often.

HP Recommended

Hello SmokieJoeJoe,

So I can better assist you, please provide me with the following information:

1. What is the model/product number of your HP computer? Click here for assistance.
  2. What is the operating system running on your computer? Click here for assistance.

Thank you,

I worked on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

When you start your pc quick press F8 to get to the start up menu. Try to take on safe mode. If this work try to scan your pc. If not. Then you migiht have been infected with a trojan/virus that keeps your pc in a loop hole. Then you have to download windows 7 from your recovery CD. If you dont have that, then the recovery CD
download :
Windows 7 32bit:http://maximumpcguides.com/downloads/windows-7-32-bit-repair-disc.iso

Windows 7 64bit: http://maximumpcguides.com/downloads/windows-7-64-bit-repair-disc.iso

If you have an another pc then burn these/that file on that CD and plug it in your broken PC and go back to F8 and boot make the PC boot with the CD.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.