Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have done like you said, but it didn't work. This driver just don't work with windows 8.1, or at least on my machine. What I did is unistalled the driver, deleted it with Control Panel software unistaller.  Then refreshed windows update center, and it suggested me to update the sensor with a driver from Microsoft, only 3.5mb. Did it, now it works...

Thanks anyway for your time! KUDOS from me )))

HP Recommended

The problem started after upgrading to Windows 8.1

Laptop Dv7-7332ea

Finally got this working, I will go through every step I did even though I am unsure if all are needed or not.

Download the following drivers and software from hp

Sp53369
Sp58900
Sp58834
Sp50048
Sp61399

Download Ccleaner (Piriform) just search google

Right click bottom left corner of desktop to open menu

Select device manager

Select Biometric devices, uninstall Validity Sensors, tick the box to also delete driver software.

Close device manager

Select Programs and features

Uninstall Hp Simplepass
Uninstall Anything to do with Validity Sensors
Uninstall Anything to do with Digital Persona

Close  Programs and features

Open Regedit (go to start menu and type regedit, you have to type the full name or it won't show)

Click edit and search for simplepass and delete ALL entries

Close regedit

Install and run Ccleaner

Select registry, scan for issues, fix selected issues, backup changes to registry, repeat until no more issues.

Restart Computer

Validity Sensors may have reinstalled itself so..

Select device manager

Select Biometric devices, uninstall Validity Sensors, tick the box to also delete driver software.

Close device manager

Install drivers in this order

Sp58834
Sp58900
Sp53369 This will say you already have newer ones installed.

Sp50048
Sp61399

Restart Computer

I tried using both Simplepass programs, the one with the orange icon couldn't find sensor
and the one with the blue icon said there was a problem enrlolling the finger.

I restarted but this didn't help but i said i would go through every step so you may want to.

I did the next stage twice, the first time i didn't tick the remove driver software box.

Select device manager

Select Biometric devices, uninstall Validity Sensors, Don't tick the box to also delete driver software.

Close device manager

The second time i did tick the remove driver software box.

Select device manager

Select Biometric devices, uninstall Validity Sensors, Do tick the box to also delete driver software.

Close device manager.

Open the simplepass software with the blue icon and it should be working. try enrolling finger and look at settings to enable windows login.

Restart Computer.

Sign in with finger 🙂

The simplepass software with the orange icon still doesn't work so uninstall it.

Select Programs and features

Uninstall Digital Persona software.

Restart Computer.

All Done.

Like I said earlier I have no idea if all steps are needed but it worked for me.

HP Recommended
I installed the Validity software from http://www.validityinc.com/software/hp/wbf.php on Windows 7. I had to clear and re-enrol my fingers but it works fine. YAY

Hope this helps someone
HP Recommended

Hi,

I've tried several solutions written here but without an effect. After update to win 8.1 I cannot use fingerprint sensor.

I've downloaded latest driver and I've installed simplepass but no effect. Simplepass haven't found any fingerprint sensor.

I got hp probook 4340s

C4Y25EA#BCM

win 8.1 pro 64bit

thx for help

HP Recommended

Hi Jan26_CZ

I see that you are looking to get your fingerprint sensor working. It actually requires two components to work properly. The first is the SimplePass software and the second is the Validity Fingerprint Sensor and that link to that is below.

Validity Fingerprint Sensor Driver:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?cc=us&lc=en&softwareitem=ob-109892-1

Thank you,

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Thank you,

BHK6

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

same problem as everyone here, I just want my sensor to work, I have a ProBook 4540s. Please help.

HP Recommended

Hi blackademic,

I understand that your sensor is not working. Have you try the steps in the document above in BHK6 post? Have you tried restarting your computer?

Let me know.

Thank you,

I worked on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I upgraded from windows 8 to windows 8.1 Pro, from the microsoft store. Windows 8.1 Pro wasn't working well, so I did back-up and did a full clean install. After installing it I upgraded my drivers, and downloaded the simplepass software. However it seems as if the fingerprint reader is not working. On Device manager I have downloaded the most recent version of the fingerprint scanning software, and it shows up and is working under the biometric device tab. I am not getting any response from the fingerprint scanner when I try to swipe my fingers either using Simplepass, the windows fingerprint reading software, or just scanning my finger. Any suggestions,

thanks,

C

HP Recommended

That's absolutely useless advice you told me BHK6...

If you read my request once again (please do it, because i think you haven't read it yet) you will know that I have already installed new driver for fingerprint (three times) and I have Simplepass.

But the problem is that it is still not working. Windows and Simplepass just don't know that there's something like fingerprint sensor. I have no chance to set my fingerprints.

So please concentrate a bit and please tell me how can I fix it.

Please don't write me again that I need a driver and simplepass.. I'm not an idiot (thoug I feel this way a bit right now) and I hope you're not too.

At first, please read what I wrote.

HP Recommended

thanks dear.. i installed this soft ware ... now its working perfectley..

thanks a lot

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.