10-30-2012 03:30 PM
Microsoft office starter included with HP Envy Spectre Ultrabook not working in Windows 8 upgrade.
First problem was Onenote came up with a blank screen, and Microsoft Starter displayed an incompatability issue. Called Microsoft, they tried to sell me a new copy. Called HP and their folowing suggestion worked.
I reset the laptop to factory settings, then performed the updates on Microsoft starter.
Word and Excel worked after Installing Windows 8, but only temporarily.
Error: Microsoft Excel (Word) starter 2010 cannot be opened. Try again or repair the product in Control Panel.
This problem began after installing the next Microsoft update.
Any help world be appreciated.
10-30-2012 03:47 PM
Do you want to hear this and it's TRUE:
Office 2010 Starter is only for win7. More importantly, Starter is legally usable only when it comes preinstalled on oem computers preinstalled with win7. So you're also breaching the eula.
You won't see Office 2010 Starter on any new machine now (except older stocks).
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
10-30-2012 03:55 PM - last edited on 04-19-2016 11:42 AM by OscarFuentes
From the upgrade instructions (http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03451712)
I am an HP employee.
- HP PCs Forgot the Sign-in Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Overview of Recovering or Reinstalling the Operating System (Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)