12-27-2013 04:50 PM
Received HP Pavilion for Christmas; came with Windows 8. I updated to Windows 8.1
Am I correct that since I am using Windows Defender I should UNINSTALL the trial version of Norton Internet Security that was preloaded on my PC?
Is Defender the only program I should be running for security?
Solved! View Solution.
12-27-2013 07:17 PM
That is correct, but you need the special Norton uninstaller tool to uninstall Norton.
The Microsoft Defender program is the only antivirus/antispyware program you need.
12-28-2013 08:04 AM
After I UNINSTALLED Norton using the link you provided and then ran the HP Security check through HP Support Assistant, I am warned that
1. my virus protection is OFF and
2. my Protection against spyware and unwanted application is OFF
The other items (i.e., Network firewall, Windows Update, Internet Security Settings, User Account Control) are marked as being ON.
Should I have those 2 items turned ON? If so, how do I do that?
- HP PCs Forgot the Sign-in Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Overview of Recovering or Reinstalling the Operating System (Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)