Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Where is the Hp company , Why They not give us a Drivrs for our laptop, Our works on the windows server 2008 R2,

What we will Do in this case, Where Hp Companyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi NazarAL-WATTAR,

Glad to hear that worked for you. I have included a couple of links below for you. The first is a link to your computer's home page. From there you can select How To which will give you lots of information about the computer. There is also Product Information, User Guides and Drivers.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/product?cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=5292805

If you need the TouchPad drivers, I have a direct link to them for you here.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-104704-3&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en...=

Let me know if you need any further assistance.

Thank you,

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Thank you,

BHK6

I work on behalf of HP

View solution in original post

24 REPLIES 24
HP Recommended

@NazarAL-WATTAR wrote:

Where is the Hp company , Why They not give us a Drivrs for our laptop, Our works on the windows server 2008 R2,

What we will Do in this case, Where Hp Companyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!

Hello!

Thank you for posting in HP support forums!

I am sorry about the issue you experience. Could you please elaborate on your issue and questions - please provide details, what is your laptop model ?

Generally speaking computer vendors (like HP) does not provide drivers for server operating systems as there is no point for this. Server operating systems are made to be run on Server machines (powerful machines that act as different types of servers). Laptops are small portable machines and are not meant to run server operating systems.

On the other side, if you somehow need to run server operating system and you manage to install it, please note that Windows Server 2008 R2 is the server equivallent of the desktop Windows 7, so any Windows 7 driver will work with Windows Server 2008 R2. You can try with the Windows 7 driver HP has for your computer.

Windows XP -> Windows Server 2003

Windows Vista -> Windows Server 2008

Windows 7 -> Windows Server 2008 R2

Windows 8 -> Windows Server 2012

Windows 8.1 -> Windows Server 2012 R2

If you require further assistance, please let me know. Provide your computer model and include as many details as possible about your issue.

*** Please click the white KUDOS star (on the left). This way you show appreciation for advice or help you received.  If your problem has been solved - click the appropriate button and accept the solution. ***

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended

Dear Sir:
First I want to thank you for your quick answer at me about my problem. I am working as a programmer in a company and I need the Laptop(HP Pavilion g6 2160se) for free movement when I move between the departments to check the problems in that departments. I spent the last three years from my age and I am working on the microsoft windows server. Therefor I used to working on this kind of operating systems. I need definitions for this drivers:

1-BCM20702A0(I can't work the Bluetooth with Windows Server 2008 R2)

2-Ethernet Controller(I can't Find the wireless network to connect to it)

3-Network Controller

4-PCI Device

5-PCI Simple Communications Controller

6-Universal Serial Bus(USB)Controller

7-Unknown Device(this is not found even when I changed to Win 7 64bit)

Please Forgive me if I lost my cool and my temper and spoke nervously in my last post, But I Love The Hp and The Windows Server 2008 R2

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

:generic:

As I write in my previous post, no server operating system is officially supported by any vendor on any portable computer such as laptop. So, I think best would be use Windows 8 or Windows 7 on this machine and if it is very important to you, you can setup a virtual machone with Server 2008R2 on this computer, or connect to virtual server via remote access (RDP, VNC, etc.)

If you have already installed Windows Server 2008 R2 on this computer, you can try with this computer's Windows 7 drivers.

Link:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=4063&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=5278...

Visit the URL, download all the drivers and try if they will be installed and if they will work on your computer with your server configuration.

Should it happen so that some of them do not work on Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 and if you want to experiement and try, an easy and almost automatic solution can be this third party program -> Driver Genius

http://www.driver-soft.com/

I think it might be able to help you if leaving on Server 2008R2 is mandatory for you. Driver Genius will scan for missing drivers (of for old ones) and will suggest updates - it is user friends and have good efficency. However, the program is not free. Find more information on the vendor's site http://www.driver-soft.com/. Note that this program is not HP made and it is not official HP solutions - you use it on your risk as per its end user license agreement.

Do not hesitate to post again if you have further questions - I would be happy to assist you!

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended

Dear Sir:
I accepted your speech and I installed the windows 7 type 64 bit instead of windows server 2008 R2 but I still have one device without driver definition which is name:
Unknown device.

my laptop version is pavilion g6 2160se

Best Regards For You From My Heart

HP Recommended

Can you find the hardware ID of the unknown device?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dWx7vEII-c

The above video shows the process of finding hardware IDs.

HP Recommended

Dear Sir:

Thank you very much for sending a video o as to learn me how to read the Device's ID. I read the Device's ID which is:

ACPI\HPQ0004
*HPQ0004

as well as I have a Canon Printer Version LBP 2900 (Black and White)

please do you have a definition for it with windows 7 thpe 64 bit I am so need it also? ,  I don't have a definition for this device and for my printer. I'll wait your respond at my post and I'll send a picture for the HP email(HP.Support.Forum@hp.com) so as to show you the device's ID

HP Recommended

@NazarAL-WATTAR wrote:

Dear Sir:

Thank you very much for sending a video o as to learn me how to read the Device's ID. I read the Device's ID which is:

ACPI\HPQ0004
*HPQ0004

as well as I have a Canon Printer Version LBP 2900 (Black and White)

please do you have a definition for it with windows 7 thpe 64 bit I am so need it also? ,  I don't have a definition for this device and for my printer. I'll wait your respond at my post and I'll send a picture for the HP email(HP.Support.Forum@hp.com) so as to show you the device's ID

Hello,

The provided information did help.

The missing (unidentified one) should be this one:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&softwareitem=ob-76187-1

Download and install it.

No, it is not mandatory - it is up to you if you want to install it.

As for your printer, visit this page:

http://www.canon-europe.com/Support/Consumer_Products/products/printers/Laser/i-SENSYS_LBP2900.aspx

choose "Download", choose that you want Drivers/software and choose your operating system. Then "Search" and download the appropriate driver

HP Recommended

Dear Sir:

I am so thank you for solving all problems which faced me with my HP laptop( Pavilion g6 2160se),But still another problem:

How to install and use Geosense for Windows 7 Ultimate on my Laptop which I gave you it's properties?

Best Regards

HP Recommended

Hello,

Can you clarify what do you mean by Geosense ?

Because we are discussing the drivers now and the last one is related to "HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection".

Thank you !

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.