Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

@Justastudent

the standby/shutdown works for me and is getting me by until there is a proper solution, but i agree with chronoboost, it shouldn't be too much to ask for a fix on something like this. plus the fact that the wireless button driver isn't even available on my laptop's HP product page makes me wonder if this issue is even on their radar. very frustrating.

HP Recommended

I have the same issue with my pavilion dv7t-7000.

The wireless card is Ralink RT5390R and the bios version is F.13.

I restored the bios default settings but it didn't resolve the problem.

When I put the PC on sleep mode and after that return back the wifi works properly.

Also the "Wireless button driver"  (ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp58501-59000/sp58720.exe) works for me after sleep mode.

I can't put the PC to sleep mode every time when i want to use wireless card.

Do you have any solution which can fix the problem?

HP Recommended

Hey you want to restore the function of f12 key? You have problem with it because of updating bios to new version?

Here I have solution, Get the old bios, it is good and restores F12 button function.

Here is download link:   OLD BIOS(F.05)

You are running on Windows 8, no problem, it will solve the problem.

I don't know why they updated the bios and forgot to fix the bug of f12 key though, waiting for next fixed bios update above f.17.

This will definitely help you.

HP Recommended

Thank you very much for this solution.

I suppose if I downgrade the bios to version (F.05) it will fix the problem and restore the function of f12 key.

I'm afraid if I use the old bios version some of the Windows 8 features will be not available and it is possible to have another problems. (HP recommends installing the latest version BIOS prior to installing Windows 😎

Also if someone wants to downgrade the bios version to F.05, let's do it with the appropriate bios version for the model.

I'm waiting for next fixed bios update.

HP Recommended

the wifi orange light does not change to white light after upgrading to windows 8 OS from windows home premium. i am using pavilion dv6-7011tx laptop. this is very frustating as theres no wifi as well as bluetooth connectivity, the wireless button key solution is useless. HP guys plz give us a solution we are waiting over a month. 

HP Recommended
Get F.05 bios from your drivers page. Mostly found under win7 drivers.
HP Recommended

i tried dat da wifi works ..but da laptops become very slow after bios downgrade. games not working without ac supply

HP Recommended
It is upto HP guys now.
HP Recommended

Link to extra views on the same problem. Please check whether it works.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-Systems-e-g-Windows-8-and-Software/Wifi-Button-Not-w...

HP Recommended

Guys, someone on the other thread came up with a solution to fix the stuck WiFi button.

TWNoir says

Just downloaded Wireless Button Driver sp59720.  This effectively toggles the antenna on/off.  The confusion appears to be that Win 8 reports "Airplane Mode" when this key is toggled.  That is different than Win 7.  AS long as it does the job I'm satisfied. 

I downloaded the driver, installed it, restarted and voila, regained my WiFi toggle ability back. Apparently Windows 8 deals with WiFi differently than previous editions of Windows: disabling WiFi is to put the laptop into Airplane Mode.

Semantics aside, give this driver a try if all the above solutions did not work. Thanks TWNoir!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.