12-03-2008 06:30 AM
just got a HP dv4-1028us. partitioned my HD was able to dualboot to XP but couldnt to start the installed audio devices,,
tried several tips from this forum to no avail,,what am i doin wrong,,can anyone help me,,,TIA
the following failed to start, Hardware IDs
IDT High Definition Audio CODEC
Intel(R) High Definition AudioHDMI Services
12-06-2008 07:53 AM
go to these thread and do these steps it will work ..
10-25-2010 06:02 PM - last edited on 02-20-2017 04:20 PM by OscarFuentes
All latest drivers and informations about XP downgrade may be found in Cheryl & Rakhmad guide:
How to find Bios update for specific model?
1. Enter HP site for your region.
2. Click on Support & Drivers link. (Upper right part of page which will show up.)
3. Choose option: Download drivers and software (and firmware)
4. In ' For product ' search box type your p/n.
5. Click on ' Go ' and choose your current system.
You will find there Bios update.
It's very important to check compatibility section for this update to be sure then it is supported by system which you are using now. If it's not listed then I do not recommend to use it.
How to update Bios?
First check which Bios version you've got now. This information may be very helpful if ther will be any problem.
Connect the notebook to the AC power supply.
Disconnect from the internet. Exit from all programs that you are running. Switch off any anti-virus and firewall.
Execute the Bios update exe file. It may take some time. Allow the notebook to restart after applying the updated BIOS.
While this update is running do not:
- switch off your laptop,
- disconnect AC power supply,
- try to run any software or do anything on it .
Bios update is always very risky and may corrupt your notebook. So be careful and have full patience. You will perform this update at your own risk.
- HP PCs Forgot the Sign-in Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Overview of Recovering or Reinstalling the Operating System (Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)