Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Hello there,so i got this atikmpag.sys blue screen appers in my laptop,i though i could fix it with a format ao i tried than,now not only it didnt got fixed but i cant run in safe mode anymore because windows have so install,any way to get rid of the blue screen?my laptop is G62-b90EV,
Thanks in advance
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I fixed it before you post,I just went to C:windows/drivers/atikmpag.sys and just deleted the file,i reboot and the bsod didnt appeared,then i just download latest Ati graphics driver and everything is fine now.

Anyway thanks for your help!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi there @Telis13 

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!

I understand that you are suffering the ravages of a blue screen unfortunately. It is hard to say exactly what happened but as you are also not able to get into safe mode some of the normal fixes that could be tried are not as available.

Here is a post I found on seven forums that may help, as it addresses the ati driver.

Windows 7: BSOD at random situations caused by atikmdag.sys - www.sevenforums.com 

If that does not help then my recommendation is to try a system restore to a date before the problem occurred.

Using Microsoft System Restore (Windows 7)

Let me know how that works for you.

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Ok,i finally somehow managed to run in safe mode,can you tell me what can i do to fix the atikmpag.sys blue screen through safe mode?

HP Recommended

@Telis13 

Ok since you have managed to get into safe mode. You can try removing the the video driver and reinstalling the driver from the HP Support website.

HP G62-b90EV Notebook PC Drivers

Be sure to select the correct operating system for your notebook and download the updated driver. I am assuming that you will do this on another computer and transfer the driver to your computer using a flash drive or some other usb removable media.

After trying that then reboot the computer and see if the problem remains. IF it does then try the things from my previous post. If the system restore does not work for you, then I would recommend backing up the contents of your hard drive to another driver and then perform a a system recovery.

Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 7)

Troubleshooting HP System Recovery Problems (Windows 7)

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

I fixed it before you post,I just went to C:windows/drivers/atikmpag.sys and just deleted the file,i reboot and the bsod didnt appeared,then i just download latest Ati graphics driver and everything is fine now.

Anyway thanks for your help!

HP Recommended

Hello, I'vw do everything that you said, but. My screen still blur, aero effect still cannot running. If I installed the driver again, the same trouble (BSOD) will appear. thanks. BTW, if you have working driver for G62, please share the link.
Thanks

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.