Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I turn my laptop off over night then turn it back on in morning when i did turn it on there was a a blank screen i tryed to recovery it but it will not come on try everything but nothing  can someone help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I specifically asked you for the Detailed Product Number for your PC -- which you did not provide.

If you are unable to run the PC, then look for a sticker like this in the battery compartment:

HPSticker

We can proceed once you provide the information.

Thanks

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

bat19

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

I read your post about the blank screen on your laptop and wanted to help -- but need more information.

Please follow these directions for finding the detailed product number of your laptop: Finding Your HP Product Model Number | HP® Customer Support

Also, we need to know what version of Windows it was running.

And, if that was Win10, did the laptop come with Win10 preinstalled or did you do the Win10 Upgrade?

Also, is the screen entirely blank, or is there a blinking cursor in the upper left of the screen?

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hi my laptop is HP envy 8.1

HP Recommended

I specifically asked you for the Detailed Product Number for your PC -- which you did not provide.

If you are unable to run the PC, then look for a sticker like this in the battery compartment:

HPSticker

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hi i found this on the laptop  HP 15 notebook pc serial number CND 44 23KM9

HP Recommended

Hi i found this on the laptop  HP 15 notebook pc [personal information removed]

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.