Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion G6-2270dx
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Pavilion G6, Win 8.1.  At power on I see the HP logo with the swirling dots.  After a few moments a gialog box on light blue background (remincent of Win XP) appears with the date/time, and 'OK' box.  After three seconds or so the system reboots.  Pressing the ESC button gets me to the Information/Boot/Diagonostics/BIOS/Recovery list.  I ran the full blown diagnostics with no identified errors.  I cannot get to the Recovery/Restore pages; selection of F11 returns me to the endless boot loop.

BIOS information indicates version F.10. The log shows 090D, 0021, 03F0 and 0301 error codes.  Not sure about resetting the BIOS as I do not know much about that.

I have tried remedies listed in other parts of the forum; press hold Insert button with power button, no battery, etc. But I am always finding more suggestions...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @bomber6e

Thank you for your inquiry.

I understand that on startup you see the HP logo with swirling dots. After a few moments you see a light blue screen with the date and time and the option to press OK , a few seconds later it will reboot.   If you press the ESC button you get to the bios screen. When you press F11 you are unable to get to the Recovery Manager.  Your current Bios  version is F.10  and the log shows 090D, 0021, 03F0 and 0301 error codes. You ran the diagnostics but no issues were found.

Here is a link to assist you with this issue:

HP PCs - The Computer Restarts Unexpectedly (Windows 10, 😎

Please let me know the results.

Thanks for participating in the HP Forums where we want to help you as well as others who may experience a similar issue as yourself. Please consider marking the post that resolves your issue as "Accept as Solution" to help other community members! To show appreciation for my efforts kindly click the "Thumbs Up" below. 

Sparkles1

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @bomber6e

Thank you for your inquiry.

I understand that on startup you see the HP logo with swirling dots. After a few moments you see a light blue screen with the date and time and the option to press OK , a few seconds later it will reboot.   If you press the ESC button you get to the bios screen. When you press F11 you are unable to get to the Recovery Manager.  Your current Bios  version is F.10  and the log shows 090D, 0021, 03F0 and 0301 error codes. You ran the diagnostics but no issues were found.

Here is a link to assist you with this issue:

HP PCs - The Computer Restarts Unexpectedly (Windows 10, 😎

Please let me know the results.

Thanks for participating in the HP Forums where we want to help you as well as others who may experience a similar issue as yourself. Please consider marking the post that resolves your issue as "Accept as Solution" to help other community members! To show appreciation for my efforts kindly click the "Thumbs Up" below. 

Sparkles1

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.