Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
What can I do? My computer say Bootmgr is missing. Press ctrl+alt+del to restart. When I press ESC my computer say F1 System Information
F2 System diagnostics
F9 Boot device Options
F10 Bois setup
F11 System recovery.
I have Windows Vista. I don't have a CD because I buy my computer with Windows Vista installed.Sory for my englih. . I am from Romania
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01973791

You do not need a recovery disc if you still have the HP recovery partition on the hard drive (that is, you boot to the recovery partition, not the main partition using the steps in this document).
I am an HP employee expressing my own opinion.
Please post rather than send me a message. It's good for the community and I might not be able to get back quickly. - Thank you.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended
http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01973791

You do not need a recovery disc if you still have the HP recovery partition on the hard drive (that is, you boot to the recovery partition, not the main partition using the steps in this document).
I am an HP employee expressing my own opinion.
Please post rather than send me a message. It's good for the community and I might not be able to get back quickly. - Thank you.
HP Recommended
Thank you for help, but I can't open this document. I don't know whay. When I try to open it say to me :Pop it bloked. Sory for my english. I hop you understood to me. I try to contact SERVICE Hp from Romania but they told me that they can' t help me.They told me that they can't repair this type of laptop (hp pavilion dv 5)
HP Recommended

Hello eye5.  

I am unsure why you cannot view the document but I will post the steps from the document for you.

1. Open HP System Recovery

• Press the F11 key repeatedly while the computer is starting.
  • If you have a recovery disc, turn on the PC and insert the first recovery disc into the drive. Use the disc to enter the system recovery.
  1. Select Microsoft Startup Repair tool and wait for repair to find and fix errors. When finished, restart the computer; even if the startup repair tool finds errors but cannot fix them.
  2. If the error message persists, open the recovery manager screen as was done in step 1.
  3. At the recovery manager screen, press ALT + D.
  4. Enter the following text at the command prompt: bootrec /rebuildbcd
  5. If bootrec displays "Add installation to boot list?", press y .
  6. After bootrec completes successfully, the computer displays "The operation completed successfully".
  7. To close the command prompt, enter the following text: exit
  8. At the Recovery Manager screen, select Microsoft Startup Repair tool (again) and wait for startup repair to find and fix errors. When finished, restart the computer.
  9. The error should no longer open. If it does, perform a system recovery, making sure to backup important files.

Also, since you mentioned that HP Support and Romania cannot support this notebook where did you purchase it?

I hope this helps.  Have a lovely day!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.

HP Recommended

I am having the same problem with "BOOTMGR is missing".

I am trying to boot to a NEW Windows 7 installation disc that I just purchased. I have changed my boot order so that it attempts to boot to my CD/DVD drive first, but it never gets there. "BOOTMGR is missing" always comes up. I have done the memory tests and both have passed. I have tried F11 and it doesn't get anywhere either. I can't think of anything else to do. HELP!

HP Recommended

Remove any connected device like pen drive, external hard disk.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.