Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I m using Windows 7 Home Premiums 64 bit. HP Support Assistant doesnt work. Try to uninstall but an error message appeared " The windows Installer Service could not be accessed. This can occur if the windows installer is not correctly installed. Contact your support personnel for assistance"

Windows Installer Service status is stopped and I couldn't reverse it

I also tried to reinstall through HP Recovery Manager but unsuccessful.

Bala

HP Recommended

There is probably an MSI corruption. Try the following tool from Microsoft to see if it uninstalls HPSA.

http://support.microsoft.com/mats/Program_Install_and_Uninstall

You can download and install the latest version of HPSA from:

www.hp.com/go/hpsupportassistant

I work on behalf of HP.

Click on Kudos if you like the response.
HP Recommended

I followed the link to uninstall HP Support Assistant forum microsoft FixIt. Now the program HP Support Assistant doesn't appear in the program list Install / uninstall in the control panel.

So I tried to reinstall through Recovery Manager but failed.

Bala

HP Recommended

Download the latest version of HPSA, see if it installs.

http://h18021.www1.hp.com/helpandsupport/hp-support-assistant.html

HP Recommended

Downloaded from the link but couldn't install it. It reads the program didn't install properly. Retried many times but unsuccessful

Bala

HP Recommended

See if there is HSPA or HP Advisor in the uninstall menu, if either is there uninstall them and try HPSA installer again.

HP Recommended

Unsuccessful to uninstall HPSA. " Error 1316. A network error occurred while attempting to read from the file C:\windows\installer\HP Support Assistant.msi"

Bala

HP Recommended
HP Recommended
Windows says it successfully uninstalled HPSA and true the program didn't appear in the program list in the control panel. When I tried to reinstall HPSA,  a message appeared the file already exists and weather to override. I clicked override to all files but again a message says it didn't install properly. I retried but same result. Tried to install thru Recovery Manager and still failed to reinstall HPSA.

Bala
HP Recommended

Reinstalling HPSA from Recovery manager is a bad Idea, it will install the Old version, which may not be supported anymore or have conflicts with other software or Windows itself, always attempt installation by downloading the latest version of HPSA from the HP website.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.