Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Tried to install the latest version of HPSA from HP download, but didn't install properly. The problem persists.

HP Recommended

There is probably an MSI corruption. Try the following tool from Microsoft to see if it uninstalls HPSA.

http://support.microsoft.com/mats/Program_Install_and_Uninstall

You can download and install the latest version of HPSA from:

www.hp.com/go/hpsupportassistant

I work on behalf of HP.

I work on behalf of HP.

Click on Kudos if you like the response.
HP Recommended

Is there a command line unstill for Support Assistant

i tried setup.exe /x and it just reinstall the whole client.

HP Recommended

Try:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\HP Health Check\Tools\UninstallHPSA.exe

I work on behalf of HP.

Click on Kudos if you like the response.
HP Recommended

Hello there,

Have you tried the steps mentioned already and has your problem been resolved?

Please let us know.

Thanks,

Regards

Hugo M. Lemos
HP Recommended

hey i am unable to uninstall hp support assistant neither i can update it for windows 8...i have recently update my hp envy 6-1002tx to win 8 from 7 ...

HP Recommended

Hi

I have done some research on this issue and have found a few other forums with others experiencing the same issue. Try Support Assistant will not uninstall, maybe one of the recommended steps there will resolve the issue.

Hope this helps.

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

cannot uninstall hp support assistant.  hp support will not work

HP Recommended

Hi missyt,  What is the model of your computer and what operating system are you running?  Happy to help and I await your reply. 

Thanks in advance

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

W a t e r b o y 71
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Guys,

I posted my problem (exact one that you are talking about) under WPast but did not resolve it. I went through all the steps that you talk about in this forum and to no avail, still dead. I gave up. I pulled individual tools to my desktop like battery check and it is OK. HP Support Assistant is a marginal program for me and since HP programmers (or whoever wrote the code for HP) can not give us straight answer, then let it go. Anyway, when prevoius version worked it was annoying at some times checking for updates and finding none. Anyway, if somebody resolved the problem, let me know in order to satisfy my curiosity. Note that I contacted HP and I was given various advices like to reinstall Windows 7, try to unpac sp to find HP Assistant.msi file, uninstall using MS unistall tool which I did, unistall in safe mode etc. All failures!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.