12-02-2011 01:48 PM
I have a virus/malware/infection that Office Max hasn't been able to get rid of and I purchased McAfee 2012 Antivirus Plus and even contacted McAfee for help. they want more money and I have already spent $173 and can't spend anymore.
I have all the programs needed for reloading the harddrive. I purchased all the programs a few years ago.
I have an HP Pavillion V5000 laptop. I need to know how to reformat the harddrive and will this get rid of the infections??
12-02-2011 01:53 PM
These files would appear to relate to a Malware infection - the reason the specific DLLs cannot be loaded may well be because your existing security software has already removed them.
Try the following.
On another PC, follow the procedure on the link below to create a bootable CD which you can use to scan your computer and hopefully remove the Malware.
When this has completed, boot into Windows, then download and install the free versions of MBAM and SUPERAntiSpyware on the links below.
When installed, run full scans with both these utilities - if any malware is detected, remove/quarantine it and run the scan again until both applications come back clean.
If the above doesn't help, post back with the following.
1. The full Model No. and Product No. of the notebook ( from the service tag underneath your notebook ) - see Here for a further explanation.
2. The full version of the operating system you are using ( ie Windows 7 32bit ).
****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****
Microsoft MVP - Windows Insider
- HP PCs Forgot the Sign-in Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Overview of Recovering or Reinstalling the Operating System (Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)