Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp elitebook & folio
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

can help me please !! does this HW model ( HP 8540 , HP 8560 , HP 8470 and HP folio 9470 ) supported with windows 10 for urgent case ?!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @Botchi

Welcome to the HP Support forum. Thank you for posting.

• HP 8540 , HP 8560 - no , not supported
  • HP 8470 and HP folio 9470 - yes, supported

On 8470 and 9470 Windows 10 is supported and will run, even the recent Creator's update but officially the support is limited and not so good as the one provided on Windows 7 and 8.1

Here is more information >> https://support.hp.com/bg-en/document/c05195282

For 8540 and 8560 - HP does not have drivers for W10 for these models as they were released very long time ago and support is not officially provided. Windows 10 might run on these devices, as well but if some issues happens, nothing is guaranteed.

Hope this helps.

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello @Botchi

Welcome to the HP Support forum. Thank you for posting.

• HP 8540 , HP 8560 - no , not supported
  • HP 8470 and HP folio 9470 - yes, supported

On 8470 and 9470 Windows 10 is supported and will run, even the recent Creator's update but officially the support is limited and not so good as the one provided on Windows 7 and 8.1

Here is more information >> https://support.hp.com/bg-en/document/c05195282

For 8540 and 8560 - HP does not have drivers for W10 for these models as they were released very long time ago and support is not officially provided. Windows 10 might run on these devices, as well but if some issues happens, nothing is guaranteed.

Hope this helps.

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended

thank you for your support 🙂  

HP Recommended

You are welcome!

HP Recommended

Actually, I just upgraded two 8540w's to Windows 10 are they run beautifully.

You just need to have te right program to go out and get your driver updates. Everything has drivers, except for Fingerprint Reader and Cortana Voice. Even have great TV sound with the correct Displayport adapter.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.