Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

My Pavilion g6 has started shutting down, with plenty of battery life.  It does not restart it powers off.  This has been happening for about a month.  Laptop is one year old, never had any problems, careful to allow the battery to run down so as not to ruin the charging, I delete, clean out and back-up so I do not know what started it.  I have tried the recommended; shut down, pull battery, drain power, reconnect and that did not work.  I went in and confirmed that the HP settings were the defaults and changed my power options but still if it is not plugged in total shutdown, without warning, while I am typing.

HP Recommended

@dspinny wrote:

My Pavilion g6 has started shutting down, with plenty of battery life.  It does not restart it powers off.  This has been happening for about a month.  Laptop is one year old, never had any problems, careful to allow the battery to run down so as not to ruin the charging, I delete, clean out and back-up so I do not know what started it.  I have tried the recommended; shut down, pull battery, drain power, reconnect and that did not work.  I went in and confirmed that the HP settings were the defaults and changed my power options but still if it is not plugged in total shutdown, without warning, while I am typing.

Hello dspinny.

First you should manually calibrate your notebook's battery.  This document has the instructions.

Also I suggest you run a diagnostic on the memory for the notebook as per these instructions.  Make sure to post the results.

Have a great day.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.

HP Recommended

i have hp pavilion g6 randomly shuts off and on pls can someone help me out.what will i do to fix it

HP Recommended
I just Downloaded the new version I hope it will work for my notebook pavilion g6.
HP Recommended

I have the Pavilion X2 and the same thing has been happening to me! I have only had it for a little over a month. Also, my touch screen will stop working, requiring me touse the mouse pad. But then themousepad will ALSO stop working and I am forced to shut down and restart in order to get any function back. I am starting to regret wanting one of these.....

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.