05-30-2010 07:13 PM
Uninstall from Your system HP Advisor or if You will not be able to find it disable it.
Hit the Windows key + r and type msconfig in the Run box and click ok. Click on Startups and uncheck HPADVISOR and click ok. Reboot.
05-09-2012 08:16 AM
I am getting this same error. It spontaneously started a few weeks ago and I haven't installed anything in that time. If I check in the Add/Remove options in the control panel, HP Advisor doesn't appear. I followed your instructions for modifying it in the msconfig file, but when I went there, it shows that I disabled it over a year ago. Is there another explanation for this?
10-20-2012 08:10 PM
I am checking my programs and features list to uninstall HP Advisor and HP Advisor is not in the list.
So I ran msconfig and checked my startup. Again, HP Advisor is not in the list.
So now what?
Any computer shouldn't have an annoying popup like this at all. I'm sick and tired of Windows and it's continuous problems.
Help a **bleep** out so I don't have to see this **bleep** popup every 30 minutes.
- HP PCs Forgot the Sign-in Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Overview of Recovering or Reinstalling the Operating System (Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)