07-01-2012 04:46 AM - last edited on 02-21-2017 08:43 PM by OscarFuentes
There are Three options available to try and reinstall Windows - make sure to back-up any important files first.
1. Shut down the notebook. Tap away at f11 as soon as you press the power button and see if this launches Recovery Manager.
2. If you can still boot in to Windows, hold down the Windows Key and press R. Into the Run Box type compmgmt.msc and hit enter. Click Disk Management in the left pane and when the partitions have loaded, right click the Recovery Partition and mark it as 'Active'. Close all open windows and then restart - if this has worked, the notebook will boot from the Recovery Partition upon restart.
3. You can order a replacement set of Recovery Discs using the link below.
If you have any problem with this link, order them directly from HP.
If you live in the US, contact HP Here.
If you are in another part of the world, start Here.
****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****
Microsoft MVP - Windows Insider
- HP PCs Forgot the Sign-in Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Overview of Recovering or Reinstalling the Operating System (Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)