Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

OO.

Enter   40971938

REO

HP Recommended

: Awesome, thanks!

HP Recommended

Hello DavidPK,

Me too, here's my halt code : 67374897

Thanks!

HP Recommended

@JIgahertz

Enter   78052219

REO

HP Recommended

What is this exactly? A backdoor that HP can use to bypass the BIOS admin password? Does it also work for the power on password?

Interesting... I put a password meant to protect from the very start but it's actually useless? Any moron that steals my device can come here, post the halt code and get the number to unlock the BIOS?

Of course I'm not relying on this to keep my data secure (thanks VeraCrypt, I hope I can trust you :P) but it'd be nice to know.

I know you can probably open the device and reset the BIOS or remove the battery, but I'd rather have no backdoors, lol. It makes sense though, dumb users setting passwords, forgeting them (or selling the notebook with it still set) and then they come to HP to solve the mess.

HP Recommended

@

HP Recommended
I have a fault code of 85280386 on my hp dm4 any help?
Thanks
HP Recommended

@Chase302 Try >> 30188908

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended
Thank you so much worked great.
HP Recommended
Hello hoping you can help me too. My error code is 68543286

Thank you in advance.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.