Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion m6
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i cannot put my fingerprint since they tell me to connect the fingerprint reader. It is already connected and it is not working and this is all after putting windows 10 on my laptop.please help me what can i do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @hassanmahdi,

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂

I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers.

For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for the First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

As I understand the fingerprint reader doesn't work,

Don’t worry as I have a few steps to help you out,

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

What is the Product number of the PC and the Operating System installed on the PC? To find the exact model no. click here: http://hp.care/2bygf7l

Have you performed any troubleshooting steps before posting this on HP Forums?

When was the last time it worked (date)?

In the meantime, let's try these steps here:

Perform a Hard reset on the notebook.

Step two: Follow the below steps:

HP SimplePass must be upgraded

Updating the BIOS for biometric support

Enabling biometric support in the BIOS

Checking for Windows fingerprint reader support in Windows 8

Cleaning the fingerprint reader

Updating the fingerprint reader device driver in Windows 8

Updating the fingerprint reader software

Fingerprint reader does not work after uninstalling antivirus software in Windows 8

Fingerprint reader does not work after computer wakes from Sleep mode in Windows 8

Cannot open SimplePass in Windows 8

For further assistance, please follow this link (ignore the header as this should work for your PC)

I hope this helps. Let me know how it goes for further assistance. I'll be more than happy to help.

If you wish to help others looking for the same solution as you've found, mark the post as Accepted Solution.

If you wish to show appreciation for my effort, please click the Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

And I Hope you have a good day, Ahead.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @hassanmahdi,

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂

I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers.

For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for the First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

As I understand the fingerprint reader doesn't work,

Don’t worry as I have a few steps to help you out,

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

What is the Product number of the PC and the Operating System installed on the PC? To find the exact model no. click here: http://hp.care/2bygf7l

Have you performed any troubleshooting steps before posting this on HP Forums?

When was the last time it worked (date)?

In the meantime, let's try these steps here:

Perform a Hard reset on the notebook.

Step two: Follow the below steps:

HP SimplePass must be upgraded

Updating the BIOS for biometric support

Enabling biometric support in the BIOS

Checking for Windows fingerprint reader support in Windows 8

Cleaning the fingerprint reader

Updating the fingerprint reader device driver in Windows 8

Updating the fingerprint reader software

Fingerprint reader does not work after uninstalling antivirus software in Windows 8

Fingerprint reader does not work after computer wakes from Sleep mode in Windows 8

Cannot open SimplePass in Windows 8

For further assistance, please follow this link (ignore the header as this should work for your PC)

I hope this helps. Let me know how it goes for further assistance. I'll be more than happy to help.

If you wish to help others looking for the same solution as you've found, mark the post as Accepted Solution.

If you wish to show appreciation for my effort, please click the Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

And I Hope you have a good day, Ahead.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.