Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I am also having this issue.  It appers that the fingerprint reader is not recognized by the SimplePass software as there is not an option to set this up.  During the upgrade to Windows 10, some HP software was deemed incompatible and was removed.  I believe that is where the fingerprint driver was located.  Is there an updated fingerprint recognition driver for Windows 10?

Thank you!!

HP Recommended

Hello! I have had a similar problem, tried installing Hp simple pass but nothing worked. windows Hello didnt even show up.

After extensive research i have found the solution:

Steps:

1. Go to DEVCE MANAGER

2.  Click the arrow next to BIOMETRIC DEVICES

3.  Right Click on VALIDY SENSORS and pres PROPERTIES

4. Go to DRIVER tab

5. Select UPDATE DRIVER

6. Select BROWSE MY COMPUTER FOR DRIVER SOFTWARE

7. Select LET ME PICK FROM A LIST OF DEVICE DRIVERS ON MY COMPUTER

6. Select the older driver, the one that is not highlighted. Press next

7. Windows Hello should appear in sign iption in settings

Hope it helps 🙂

HP Recommended

Hi,

I just upgraded to Windows 10 and the fingerprint reader no longer works, even though i have set up a PIN and scanned my fingerprint.  I can only log in with the pass word or PIN.

(It worked perfectly in windows 7) 

Is there a fix for this as I love my 3  (yes 3 ! )  DV7s,  and the reader is one of my favorite features.

Thanks,

Mark

HP Recommended

I tried an earlier suggestion which advised me to download and install simple pass but when I did that and tried to install it told me that it could not instal as Authentec fingerprint reader was installed and needeto be removed then try again.

I tried to uninstal but this program does not appear in the installed program list.

I then come across this option to revert to the earlier driver but when I tried this option I only have the one Biometric driver showing in the list which is "Validity Sensors (WBF)" so I dont know what I can do.

The fingerprint reader was working fine on the earlier version of Win10 but since the Anniversary upgrade it now informs me that "Windows Hello is not available on this device"

Has anyone suggestions for resolving this as Microsoft inform me this is an HP issue!

Cheers,

Rob H

HP Recommended

Try this driver http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=ob_150883_1

It helps for me on my EliteBook 8560w

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.