Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP - 15-ac152ur
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello, I've jusy bought an 15-ac152ur notebook and i have the following isuues:

-Function keys doesn't work properly. Pressing Fn+Any "F button(F9 for example)" works like if I just pressed this F button. For instace, pressing Fn+F5 while in google chrome results in updating web page, but pressing F5 only doesn't do anything, so i can't adjust brightnrss or volume using function keys, which is very disturbing, because it seems I don't have any means to adjust brightness without them.

-Another issue is that after sleep mode notebook doesn't "wake up", it just give me a black screen and the only thing I can do is reset it.

I have windows 7 x64 operating system and I have already installed chipset driver and drivers for both integrated and AMD graphic cards. THe only thing I didn't install is BIOS update, can it be the problem? And what can I do in order to solve theese problems?

Thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Solved the problem with sleep mode. It appeared that it was a bad idea to update drivers for AMD graphic card from Amd web site, I should have installed only the driver that can be found on hp support site.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Djentleman

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

I read your post about function key and sleep mode issues and wanted to help.

IF you're talking about sp74599 from this page, it would be worth the try: 

Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try: http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-15-ac100-notebook-pc-series/8499326/model/9728675...

In addition, here are some troubleshooting steps for the sleep issues:  Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 😎 | HP® Customer Support

I know they're for Win8 & 10, but they should also work with Win7.

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor do I represent, HP.
========================================================================
If you feel my suggestions helped you, please click the Thumbs-Up symbol to say thanks!

If they helped resolve your issue, please click "Accept As Solution" to help others find similar information.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Thank you for the answer. Fortunately I managed to solve function keys problem, but nothing helps me to fix sleep mode problem.

HP Recommended

Solved the problem with sleep mode. It appeared that it was a bad idea to update drivers for AMD graphic card from Amd web site, I should have installed only the driver that can be found on hp support site.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.