03-17-2011 06:10 PM
I got a new drive but now I need to install windows on it... I have the product key on the bottom of the laptop but where do I get the media? I had windows vista 64bit. The old drive is dead...
03-17-2011 06:16 PM
You can order a replacement set of Recovery Discs from HP on the link below - I believe there is a delivery charge for this.
If you have any problem with the above link, order them directly from HP Here.
****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****
Microsoft MVP - Windows Insider
03-17-2011 08:09 PM
Did you perhaps burn a Recovery Disk set when first setting up the laptop and put them away?
|**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others**|
******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to say -Thanks!.******
- HP PCs Forgot the Sign-in Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Overview of Recovering or Reinstalling the Operating System (Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)