07-10-2012 09:17 AM
I have put a new harddisk in my presario cq61 - 405ed but now I need to get my windows back but i don't have it preinstalled on the hidden partition anymore cause the old harddisk is completely gone. How do I get these files?
07-10-2012 09:29 AM - last edited on 04-19-2016 10:36 AM by OscarFuentes
You may have two options...
Order a set of recovery disks for your notebook by reading the info at the link below.
If you can still read the 25 character Microsoft product key you can do this as well...
If you can read the 25 character Microsoft windows 7 product key, you can download plain Windows 7 ISO files to burn to a DVD for the version of windows that came installed on your PC, and that is listed on the Microsoft COA sticker on your PC's case.
Burn the ISO using the Burn ISO option on your DVD burning program and burn at the slowest possible speed your program will allow. This will create a bootable DVD.
Use the 25 character product key on the PC to activate the installation.
The key will activate either a 32 or 64 bit installation.
Then go to the PC's support and driver page to install the drivers you need.
Link to the W7 ISO file downloads is below.
- HP PCs Forgot the Sign-in Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Overview of Recovering or Reinstalling the Operating System (Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)