12-31-2010 09:56 AM
I am going to answer yes to that, but to be sure, go into the recovery manager in programs and find "Software Program Reinstallation" in the left column and see exactly what is listed.
They may also be listed on the HP web site on your support page, I know the Media smart ones will be and if they are not you can get them from any model as they are designed to work on any HP machine.
If you are looking to make the laptop boot up faster then type "msconfig" (with out the quotation marks) and look for "Start Up" in the heading bar. These are the things that you can shut off to speed up the machine when you boot up. If you don't know what some of them are, mouse over them and Google to see what they are.
12-31-2010 10:54 AM - edited 12-31-2010 10:58 AM
I just found the OSD to be annoying but to each his own.
Also there is good info here:
But if you are not sure what you are doing then use caution with this info.
02-22-2012 10:18 AM
Hi, I have my Hp Pav for a few years. Recently, my C drive is so full, I am trying to uninstall some unwanted bloatware, could you help me locate which ones that are save to uninstall? Thanks!
- HP PCs Forgot the Sign-in Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Overview of Recovering or Reinstalling the Operating System (Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)