Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

how can i reset a compaq presario cq60-211dx to the factory settings to remove password...  My son put a password to keep his brother from using his computer...  the screen got broken and we ended up buying another computer...  but we now fixed this one but we tried every password we could think of but no luck...  a computer repair technician told me the only way to get around the password is to reset the computer to the original factory settings...   how can I do this????

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi

Please find the link given might help you to resolve your issue.

Restore the PC to its original condition using the f11 key

Let us know how it goes!

"I work for HP."
****Click the (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post) to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****

Regards
Manjunath

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hi

Please find the link given might help you to resolve your issue.

Restore the PC to its original condition using the f11 key

Let us know how it goes!

"I work for HP."
****Click the (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post) to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****

Regards
Manjunath
HP Recommended

Thank you so much...   it worked and the directions were clear enough so I could actually fix it...  and I am real bad with computers....   lol      Thank you your a sanity saver    🙂

HP Recommended

This "f-11" "Solution" (Which is nit a viable solution, unless you want to totally delete everything on your hard drive) is worthless- There is a POWER ON PASSWORD set. How do I reset THAT?

HP Recommended

@ XweAponX,

The password they were working on was the windows login password not the power on password that you need help with. Here is a link specifically to a forum that helps with power on passwords, the experts there will be able to assist you.

Thanks 

Clicking the White Kudos star on the left is a way to say Thanks!

Clicking the 'Accept as Solution' button is a way to let others know which steps helped solve the problem!
HP Recommended
I also have that issue my girlfriend changed my password to open the computer or boot up or whatever an she doesnt remeber what she put as the password so I called the compaq customer service they said factory reset but the f11 isnt working so how do factory reset without my password pls help dont need anything on it saved all my stuff already but I cant find my disc either so pls help justwould like to get in my computer lol
HP Recommended
The computer is a compaq presario CQ60 PLS HELP ME WALK THRU THANK U
HP Recommended

how can i reset a compaq presario cq60-210TU

my code is: 65536333

HP Recommended

@peter76 

Try >> 70494915

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

@NOTACLU3 

After entering wrong password 3 times you should get "syetm disabled" and a halt code. Post the code.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.