11-22-2012 06:18 PM
Purchased HP Pavilion DV6 in August with Windows 7. Recently upgraded to Windows 8 and don't like it. It slows me down. How do I go back to Windows 7 OS?
11-22-2012 07:11 PM - last edited on 02-22-2017 08:27 AM by OscarFuentes
You can check if the recovery partition is still present in the system..
- Tap F11 as soon as you turn on the computer..If recovery manager starts then you should be able to reset it to factory settings..Just follow the onscreen instructions...(backup your personal data before performing recovery)
-If F11 doesnt show recovery manager then you'll have to use the HP recovery discs which you had to create after you purchased the system.
If you do not have the Windows 7 recovery discs then you can order them online from this link or
call technical support and they'll be able to send it to you.
Note :Make sure you backup your personal data before downgrading to windows 7...
Here is another link: Windows 8 FAQ: Can I downgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 7?
- HP PCs Forgot the Sign-in Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Overview of Recovering or Reinstalling the Operating System (Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)