Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I'm selling this HP Mini 110 and I've done google searches but I cannot figure out how to restore it to factory settings before I sell it. It doesn't have a disk reader so I'm quite confused.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi

Please find the link given below might help you.

Performing an HP System Recovery

Let us know how it goes!

"I work for HP."
****Click the (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post) to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****

Regards
Manjunath
HP Recommended

Hi:

If the recovery partition is still working, you can restore the PC to factory settings by starting the PC and tapping the F11 key at the beginning of the HP welcome screen to start the recovery manager.

You then follow the on screen menu to restore to factory condition.

Make sure you have backed up any files you want to keep for yourself before doing a system recovery.

Paul

HP Recommended

My HP MINI have same problem.

I press F11 wan PC turn on, PC went to the start the recovery manager screen. but the system recovery option ling does not working which in dark color. So system recovery can not be done.

Noah

HP Recommended

Re: how do i restore my hp mini 110 with windows 7 to factory settings before i sell it?

HP Recommended

I wanted to answer this too because I am selling my HP Mini and I cannot use the keyboard due to the ZIP connector for the keyboard cable detaching from the motherboard. This method can be used if the keyboard doesn't work but the touchpad does. The reason this is important is the F buttons on start up cannot be accessed when there is no working keyboard.

Boot up computer. When you get to Login screen and it asks for your password, navigate cursor to password box and click once in dialog box. Use Touchpad for this.

Click on the small blue round icon on the bottom left of the screen (Easy access button). Select the option for using onscreen keyboard. Click APPLY, then OK to close box.

On screen keyboard comes up. Type your password using this and click Enter. If you get a speech bubble saying something about 'select place to type using cursor', drag keyboard out of the way, click once more in the password dialog box, then retype the password from the beginning. 

After full bootup, go to your Start Button, bottom left of screen. In Search box type Restore. System Restore will come up in the list. Open this programme. Follow all nstructions and prompts to Restore To Factory Settings.

If you have not yet backed up your data, you can do this now, using the onscreen keyboard as your link to the commands. Copy all your documents and files on to an external drive if you can. Then at least you know you have everything.

HP Recommended
How to set my internet from my at&t phone to my HP mini
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.