Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I hope this is not a repetative question in this thread, but I don't normally forum so I ... well, let's just ask this question slightly differently.

I own a HP Monitor and HP Desktop computer.  They are relatively new in this house, but probably old stock as I purchased from PC World (pls don't judge me on that).  

The computer randomly turned off and back on again.  I want to know why so I google the question.  It took me to a thread about BEEPS.  I understood, as far as I am capable, what BEEP means and the various types.

BIOS versions comes up and I end up here.  I notice, however, that others have the same issue with not being able to access anything with the F10 since since the screen does not scroll a heap of information like my previous Desktop did.

One other thing....I downloaded Windows 10 a few days ago.  Don't know if that has any consequence or not.

So, I can't find out what the BIOS for this computer is and wondered if there is an alternative to the previous solutions.

If you have gotten as far as the line above and remained either awake or could decipher my non-computer speak, I await a reponse in due course.  Thank you for your time.

HP Recommended
DO AT YOUR OWN RISK:
When push comes to shove and the system does not let you into the bios for whatever reason, rhen you can force it. Shut the system down and unplug as wellss remove battery ( if laptop) and then removethe CMOS battery for a few minutes then put back in. Install laptop battery and or plug in. This will reset the bios ...which among other things will reset rhe date/time to when the bios was created. This forces the system to ask you to either enter bios and update whatever is incorrect or to just continue. There is your emegency door in.
HP Recommended

I have Win 10 running on a desktop. When I try to reboot and press f10 many times, the computer still boots into Win 10 log in screen. I've tried Esc, f1, f2, and f8. Nothing will let me into set up startup from CD/DVD so I can install Win 7 Ultimate.

Any Idea's? Sure could use some help.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.