Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
hp 2000-2d28tu
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)
Hey i m here with another question.m hp 2000-2d28tu came pre-installed with Windows 8.1 but due to personal choice i installed windows 7 enterprise 64 bit, n i used it for a long time n now i want to clean install windows 8.1 again, so im looking for that oem product key that came with win8.1 (how fool im, i didnt get oem initially), so can i get that key again by any method, if yes then how....i want to mention that i have updated its bios too... Any help??
13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

beat1

You can retrieve the OEM product key using this utility:  Showkey - Windows 10 Forums

Good Luck
========================================================================
I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor do I represent, HP.
---------------------------------------------------------------
If my posts helped you, please click the Thumbs-Up symbol on my post to say thanks.
If my posts solved your problem please click "Accept As Solution".
========================================================================

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended
It says oem key not present in firmware,getting confused....
HP Recommended
Is it possible that it would be deleted by me accidentally??
HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Your problem could be because you have a "downgraded" laptop which now has two product keys in the system.

See this:

"how can I retrieve the key from a downgraded machine that runs Windows 7?"

http://www.nextofwindows.com/how-to-retrieve-windows-8-oem-product-key-from-bios

HP Recommended
Karenuk i used rweverything program and when i checked acpi icon there was no msdm table at all.... Do u know why plz explain me too
HP Recommended

Are you clicking the MSDM tab?

If it does not work try this one:

http://www.nextofwindows.com/firmwaretablesview-to-retrieve-windows-8-1-product-key-from-bios/

HP Recommended
There is no msdm tab, there are so many other tabs but not msdm under acpi icon.. Plz explain me why
HP Recommended

If RW-Everything cannot show a MSDM tab it essentially means there is no BIOS embedded SLP key. 

I can only suggest you re-install W8.1 using HP recovery media.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.