Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp 15-f337wm (touch)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Purchased this laptop about 2 months ago from Walmart. $210 sounded fair for its specs. 

I had decided to try to install Parrot OS along with my OEM of Windows 1064bit Home as my primary.

From there, I had nothing but trouble. I had to disable secure boot to get around the **bleep** UFI Secure Boot Section, which wasnt much of an issue until I accidentally formatted my entire drive losing both my recovery partition and my OEM.

Now, I tried to order a recovery usb via HP, our wonderful company and they tell me the order was canceled. Ok, sure, why then is my statement saying otherwise? I have enclosed a screenshot, private data has been removed or blurred to prevent identity fraud.

ChargesMade.png

I have called HP several times only to have my calls forwarded to almost every department, they all say that the charge was declined, However upon contacting H&R Block's bank, the money was indeed deducted. I just want to fix my laptop here fellas. I'm normally not one to complain as I finally got Windows 10 back after fixing my partition problem and upgraded my RAM.

So a lil help, is all I'm asking, and oh yeah, wheres my **bleep** money HP!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Again, we DON'T work for HP and have no access to any form of transaction, contact, etc. you have had with HP. I was letting you know this, so you are aware that you really need to use official HP channels to resolve your issue. However, since you don't wish to use the official methods of contacting HP about your issue, I will ask if the HP forum administrators can escalate your concern. Again, I can't make a promise that anything is going to come of my request.

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Please click the White KUDOS "Thumbs Up" to show your appreciation

Frank

***** Please click the "White Kudos" Thumbs Up to say THANKS for helping *****
***** Please click the "Accept As Solution" on my post, if my help solved your issue *****
***** This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I don't work for HP *****

HP a1632x - Windows 7, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6130y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6320y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP p7-1026 - Windows 7, 6GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6787c - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP ENVY x360 m6-w103dx - Windows 10, 8GB RAM, Intel HD 520

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

This is NOT official HP Customer Support and I, as most other persons on this forum, do not work for HP. This is a peer-to-peer user supported forum for HP products. HP maintains no official presence on this forum and it is unlikely that HP will respond in an official capacity. Any reply from a HP employee represents their own opinion and not that of HP's.

Provided you created your HP Recovery Media when you first setup your computer, you would already have the required software to return your computer to a factory like state. Please contact official HP Customer Support to resolve your issue. If you are unable to resolve your issue through the official HP Support channel within a week, please respond back indicating such and I can try to escalate your concern. Again, there are no promises that this will provide better results.

Please click the white KUDOS star to show your appreciation

Frank

***** Please click the "Accept As Solution" on my post, if my help solved your issue *****
***** This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I don't work for HP *****

HP Recommended

Well, isnt that just peachy. I have contacted HP, at least 15 or more times only to have more problems. My calls would be transferred at least a dozen times until finally guess what happens, the phone call disconnects. And I may add, not by me. So basically, professionally you are telling me, you dont work for HP and cannot provide any assitance, wonderful. Why would a company create a forum and not provide any support. Thats insane. I contacted my bank and they have verified that the transaction was completed ands the funds henceforth had been removed. I therefore paid for the recovery USB to fix the problem. When I first got the PC, after trying to dual boot Parrot & Windows 10, I screwed up and formatted my entire drive. It was a serious mistake Ill admit, but a mistake nonetheless. I just want either my recovery usb I purchased that my bank can verify, or my dang money. Simple. If you cannot help, than why did you even bother to reply?

HP Recommended

Again, we DON'T work for HP and have no access to any form of transaction, contact, etc. you have had with HP. I was letting you know this, so you are aware that you really need to use official HP channels to resolve your issue. However, since you don't wish to use the official methods of contacting HP about your issue, I will ask if the HP forum administrators can escalate your concern. Again, I can't make a promise that anything is going to come of my request.

Frank

HP Recommended

@DarkScript

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Thank you for your help and sorry for coming off as a jerk. This whole situation has been beyond irritating.

HP Recommended

I know were you are coming from in regard to it being "irritating." I have been there myself. I was just letting you know that the official channels are the best... It appears that your issue has been escalated and hopefully you are contacted shortly. Good luck 🙂

Frank

HP Recommended

i was lucky to have a spare copy of windows laying around, i normally just keep linux. but all the same, it would be nice for a recovery in case things to weird.

HP Recommended

Havent gotten that message yet, wonder what the hold up is...

HP Recommended

Never got that message @Danny-r

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.