Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

hi,

I want to uninstall Hp client security from my laptop, but when i try to uninstall ,i got an error"Disable Drive encryption from Hp Security Manager".... How can i disable it from Hp security manager...??? plzzzz help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support forum. Welcome onboard !

There are certain things you SHOULD do before uninstalling HP Client Security as it is set of lots of features and programs but HP Client Security is the control center.

HP Client Security often comes in combination with HP Drive Encryption software.

If your disk is currently encrypted by this software, you should first open HP Client Security -> click on Drive Security and follow the on-screen instructions to DECRYPT the HDD. Note that this is generally slow process and may take several hours or more depending your the amount of your HDD and your PC specifications.

You may also check if you have preboot authentication (PBA) enabled. Open the HP Client Security home page -> click on the wheel Settings button -> Security Features and check there is no tick next to Power-On Authentication

With regards to HP Client Security and HP Drive Encryption, here are some screenshots with regards to these suggestions >>

https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%21AEyZq%5FGEDdnNQnE&id=73EA0FA259008E8%21107&cid=073EA0FA259008E...

Please, let me know how this goes and if this helps !

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support forum. Welcome onboard !

There are certain things you SHOULD do before uninstalling HP Client Security as it is set of lots of features and programs but HP Client Security is the control center.

HP Client Security often comes in combination with HP Drive Encryption software.

If your disk is currently encrypted by this software, you should first open HP Client Security -> click on Drive Security and follow the on-screen instructions to DECRYPT the HDD. Note that this is generally slow process and may take several hours or more depending your the amount of your HDD and your PC specifications.

You may also check if you have preboot authentication (PBA) enabled. Open the HP Client Security home page -> click on the wheel Settings button -> Security Features and check there is no tick next to Power-On Authentication

With regards to HP Client Security and HP Drive Encryption, here are some screenshots with regards to these suggestions >>

https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%21AEyZq%5FGEDdnNQnE&id=73EA0FA259008E8%21107&cid=073EA0FA259008E...

Please, let me know how this goes and if this helps !

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.