Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Read my post on page 31. The solution is there. The screws on the TouchPad are too tight and cause the junpiness. Simply disassemble the laptop per the factory manual, and loosen the screws that hold it into place.
HP Recommended

I'm definitely going to try that now. I'm glad to hear that it might be that simple as I was probably going to unscrew the thing eventually anyway.

HP Recommended
Page 31 of this thread has the solution. It requires disassembly of the laptop and loosening the screws @weitzela
HP Recommended

Thanks - I just saw that... and funny enough, I also see the "hump" in the trackpad that was mentioned. 

Are there some good instructions on how to disassemble? I'm a little techy and could probably figure it out, but would feel better with some instructions. 

HP Recommended
Hp has the disassembly instructions on their page. Look for your model number it takes about an hour of total work.
HP Recommended

Same problem for me.

Please provide us the link to the disassembly tutorial.

*Edit: Nvm, I found it... not even a picture...

I have this problem since I bought the laptop mid 2014.

I will just try to fix it but this problem plagged me so hard that I will never buy any Hp's product ever again.

I was sceptic at first. I tried. I learn from my mistake.

Thanks HP.

(A 1.5k dollars laptop that I used twice in 2 years because of that...)

HP Recommended

Hello,

I still have this problem with the trackpad. However, I do not see the hump on it that would suggest the screws were over tightened. Do I still need to disassemble it in your opinion?

Thanks!

HP Recommended

in my opinion, if you have a glitchy touchpad, i would start with doing the touchpad firmware reinstall. if that doesnt help, then i would consider untightening those screws i mentioned. it seems the screws make the touchpad bow and mess up the sensor/calibration of the touchpad. the more you use it, the more the sensor becomes skew and reads erratically. This unscrewing of the touchpad has worked for me and others. i would suggest it. it does require some work.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.