Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
If it's a static problem, how does it disappear when I click reset devices in control panel mouse setting? I really don't want it to be a hardware issue
HP Recommended
Its here:
http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware/HP-M6-Envy-TouchPad-no-longer-works/m-p/4087448/highl...

I know its a diff model but who knows maybe this could work.

I posted of my problem a few pages back and yeah i had agreed that it looks like a hardware problem..but who knows maybe its sofware (hopefully)

Last thing, if u check that threat im sending u to, you can see the great support he received from our expert techs at hp...smh
HP Recommended

Okay i will certainly try this when i get the laptop back.

Any one else who has time to try here is the direct link to the alternate driver:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/419hq88y7psw2fs/PR1196324-tm2054-002.img

Im not sure that it will work, and it may not even install. 

The steps one might have to take would be:

-To burn extract the driver from this .img, or burn the .img.

-You might have to uninstall all current synaptics drivers and then manually apply this one.

If anyone tries it report back please 🙂

Edit:

Here are some further instructions:

1- Downloaded SP65951. and extracted it (using winrar).

2- Placed the image file (PR1196324-tm2054-002.img) in the same directory as (SynReflash64.exe).

3- Ran CMD as Administrator and moved to the folder where SynReflash64.exe is located.

4- Executed C:\SP65951\SynReflash64.exe /s PR1196324-tm2054-002.img

5- Followed instructions (it took about 2.5 minutes to flash).

6- Rebooted the computer but the Touchpad did not work, tried to uninstall the Synaptics driver (16.5.3.3) but it failed.

7- renistalled the Synaptics driver 16.5.3.3 again (successfully) and rebooted.

8- All is working fine.

HP Recommended

I appreciate the steps to fixing it, but I am not a computer programmer or tech person--only a user of them and this looks way too advanced for me to attempt.

I need HP to fix it for me, please!!

HP Recommended

Dear friends,

I have an Envy i7-4712HQ, bought 1 week ago, with the same issue, erratic touchpad.

Well, I was intending to replace my laptop, but decided to uninstall the HP Control something (HP customized synaptics driver), just to check if it is a hardware or software issue.

My current driver for touchpad is PS2 compatible mouse (windows default driver).

Until now, no more touchpad issues, although I lost the advanced functions, like pinch and rotate.

If you don't care about those functions, just a working touchpad, this may fix your issue.

PS: (This is my first and last HP laptop. Unfortunately in Canada I was not able to find good Samsung laptops. I used to have one in Brazil and also a Dell at work, both fantastic brands with very smooth touchpads.)

HP Recommended

Where would one find this driver to install it? 

HP Recommended

Go to mouse properties (device manager), select update driver, and then manual update and then choose from a list.

I'm currently using Synaptics PS2 Port Compatible Touchpad. So far, no glitches and I have recovered some of those advanced functions.

Also you can try to use synaptics original drivers, found at their website,

good luck

HP Recommended
SUCCESS! After weeks of calling calling call centers in east Asia, and going as far as having a technician having me wipe my entire computer and reinstall the OS, HP is finally sending me a box and not charging me for expedited shipping and repair.

After I get my machine back I'll let everyone know how it turned out, but if you still have a warranty keep calling tech support and evenly incest for them to take it in for repair. They keep trying to treat this as a software issue and it is not, it is a hardware issue.
HP Recommended

@Marcelo-br wrote:

Go to mouse properties (device manager), select update driver, and then manual update and then choose from a list.

I'm currently using Synaptics PS2 Port Compatible Touchpad. So far, no glitches and I have recovered some of those advanced functions.

Also you can try to use synaptics original drivers, found at their website,

good luck

I tried the generic Synaptics touchpad driver from Synaptics resources. It was not compatible when i tried it. Can you link to the specific driver you are talking about.

I also tried uninstalling ALL drivers, down to the base driver, and the issue still occured.  (It may not occur right away, but after day/ prolonged testing it does reoccur) so i am curious to see what drivers you are refering to.

It would incredibly helpful if you could post the specific version #'s of these drivers.

Are you positive these driver you're talking about work 100%? - (albeit missing a few features).

HP Recommended

@Mastershake7979 wrote:
SUCCESS! After weeks of calling calling call centers in east Asia, and going as far as having a technician having me wipe my entire computer and reinstall the OS, HP is finally sending me a box and not charging me for expedited shipping and repair.

After I get my machine back I'll let everyone know how it turned out, but if you still have a warranty keep calling tech support and evenly incest for them to take it in for repair. They keep trying to treat this as a software issue and it is not, it is a hardware issue.

Did you mark this as a solution?? If you, did why?!

This is not a solution at all.... People are buying "Brand new" models of these everyday and are reporting the same problem, we dont know if its hardware or software. Either way your going to get a Refurbished laptop back and while it may not have the problem immediately, it will still come back if it is indeed a software issue. OR if it is a hardware issue such as static. 

I'd be very wary, and this is  NOT A SOLUTION.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.